Starcraft II

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought goons were easy to counter. DT's ripped through them, zerglings, ghosts. Basically any good melee. Sure they were good, but not great.

Yes they were amazingly easy to defeat, but if you have 40 of them they will rip your base apart. I guess they took them out specifically for that, lol. Because the goons made the game a little unbalanced. But the Immortals are a great idea. They have extra strong shields against strong attacks yet, against little attacks (like from zerglings) they will die because the extra strong shields turn off. And the Stalkers are a great idea because they can catch up to their enemy, before you had to chase the enemy down and sometimes the unit is faster, and can get away. But I will still miss my DT's I used to get a whole army of them, and some air support and I could have destroyed any base. lol

and then theres those special units...like the mothership for toss? it reminds me of hero units from warcraft lol

I don't know much about the mothership, but it seems like a good idea. Because now if you have enough minerals, and you see that your base is being destroyed you can get the mothership, and it might be able to save you. If not then your out of luck, lol.

I am very worried about the zerg, lol. They didn't show them that much in the gameplay video, but I so hope they didn't take out the hydra or lurkers... Hopefully the hydra has another form to evolve into besides the lurker. But those suicidal green things that the zerglings transformed into looked pretty good.

Also what do you guys think about this rumor going around considering a 4th race?! That will be soooo cool if they another one in there. I could so go for another race to be able to play with. What do you guys think? Do you think the rumor is true?

Do you guys know when they are going to update the Starcraft II website again??? They haven't updated anything since May 19th.

In other words Starcraft II has some big shoes too fill, after Starcraft. It has to be bigger and better than Starcraft, and hopefully they will be able to pull that off. But everyones expectations are high, because Blizzard is known for perfection, so we will have to see what happens!

The Protoss are the only ones getting a super weapon. Although A Nuke is kind of like a super weapon.

We'll probably find out more in August; during Blizzcon.

You're not Blizzard, don't act like you know it. The Protoss are the only ones with a super weapon announced.

Actually, In an interview with a blizzard employee they said that Protoss are going to be the only race with a super unit. I'll try and find an article on it.

EDIT:

Found the quote.

Chris: As far as the mothership mechanic goes, that`s unique to the Protoss right now. We want to do that – we want to have very diverse and emphasize the differences between the races so we don`t plan on having the sort of mothership equivalent on each side. We want those things to be unique. What I can assure you is we`re not going to release the game with some sort of "I Win" button in the game. We`re going to balance things. As I said before, we`ll go through an internal alpha, we`ll go through a beta of some sort, and at that point if it`s an "I Win" button we`re gonna change things around. So nothing was final that people saw there. [The gameplay demonstration where the videos came from in the Korean Invitational.]

Dang oh well, lol. I wish zerg could get a super weapon :)

Like a huge muta/devourer/guardian/hydra sort of thing....lol will look weird though, rofl.

But I can't wait until the game comes out! :D

They said their trying to make the races unique. The Nuke is kind of like a superweapon so I doubt Terran will get anything. The mothership is like the superunit.

A super-unit wouldn't really fit with the Zerg. Their a massing race with a bunch of weak units. Even if they planned on making a Zerg super-unit it wouldn't really fit with the Zerg's fighting style.

I don't know if you guys saw this video or not, but I found it on youtube the other day and wanted to share it with you guys!

Its a preview of the protoss units, and it is real. Not fake, because I saw a section of the movie in one of the Starcraft II trailers. But its pretty amazing how they got this video, I didn't know about these new units until I saw the video, except for the phase cannon.

The units are:

Soul Hunter

Phase Cannon

Tempest

Twilight Archon

Also when your going to watch the preview of the Twilight Archon you can see a reaver behind the big battle. It looks A LOT like a worm, lol. Look closely for it.

Here is link to move:

Movie

Wow thats amazing. The Tempest, basically a carrier, looks really cool! As well as the Twilight Archon. Also if you look closely you can see Firebats(or whatever they will be renamed) and High Templars(or whatever they will be renamed to). You see the firebats in the back of the base on the Phase Cannon part and the HT in the very end.

Also, heres an HD version.

HD VERSION