PostgreSQL + Drupal

seiliki

Hi!

I am trying to install Drupal basing on PostgreSQL. Here are the problems I have encountered.

(1) Fantastico does provide Drupal scripts but it doesn't use PostgreSQL.

(2) Drupal requires UNICODE be used for databases. When I manually created PostgreSQL database through cpanel, it didn't ask me which encoding to be used for that database. I did not know that SQL_ASCII was automatically chosen before viewing it with phpPgAdmin. I need a way to choose UNICODE when creating PostgreSQL databases.

(3) Regardless which database encoding is used, I tried to install Drupal from scratch. Unfortunately I got this error from Drupal:

"Failure to connect to your PostgreSQL database server. PostgreSQL reports the following message: Connection failed. See log file for failure reason.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?

Are you sure that you have typed the correct database hostname?

Are you sure that the database server is running?

Are you sure you typed the correct database name?"

Strange is that I can login to PostgreSQL from phpPgAdmin with my account that was used to create the database, but Drupal gave me this error. I also created another database user in cpanel. That database user can not login, either.

(4) Version of the running PostgreSQL is 7.4, which is about 2 years old. Isn't it time to upgrade it to 8.x?

Thanks in advance!

(1) You'll have to install Drupal the old-fashioned way then. Sorry, but we don't make Fantastico :(

(2) Hmmm... I've never worked specifically with PostgreSQL. In MySQL encoding is table/field specific I believe. Are you sure PostgreSQL has a set encoding for the whole database?

(3) Are you remembering to use the username/database prefixes? Append your cPanel username to your database and SQL username, like so: cpaneluser_database and cpaneluser_dbuser.

(4) It might be soon... ;)