Are you running Windows Vista?

Van

Are you running Vista?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats about it. It is a horrible os. Get this. 1 Account. There is no such thing as an Admin account (visible in xp by pressing F8 during boot) So, the first account created is considered the Admin Account. Everytime you go to run a non microsoft program, it halts all ops. of the computer and displays a dialog asking you if it is ok to run the program, that only and admininstrator can run such programs. Why in the world, if there is one account which is the admin by default would windows ask me if i am an administrator on that computer. I just cant stand it period.

You can change that. Just sayin'.

SP1 is coming out...eventually...

I have to say that, I'm not a Microsoft fan boy, but everything said has not been applying to me. I have 2GB of ram, and I barely use more than 1GB with Photoshop, Flash, and Firefox open. I can play every game, including Age of Empires II, which I'm pretty sure is pretty old. I agree with Kyougi, and most things said here are not from experience but just from the common anti-vista argument. People talk about bugs, but I doubt most can't even name them - I'm not saying there aren't bugs, though.

I'm done.

It's 100% compatible with most games and applications. Sorry if that's not good enough for you

Oh? None of my games ran with it. >_> I can see it being stable, I can see it being secure. But until I get compatibility with the stuff I try with it, I'm not touching it. >_>

I don't use vista, however, I just bought my mom a laptop that has it because it was the OS. Meaning that I do use it, but it's not on my personal comp. I'm the techie in my family and therefore in charge of computer matinence and repairs. I can very easily say from personal expirience that vista is just a spiffed up version of the perfectly fine Xp OS, but it takes up the entire drive. If you run anything else but a word processor, expect some extremly slow running time. Also, if you are new at computers (my mom) then having all the frills means nothing if you don't know how to use it. Personally, I'm a mac freak.

Yeah tbone, I meant what I said there.

Everyone in this thread will eventually upgrade to Vista unless they start using other OSes. All your complaining is for naught

NOT everyone will upgrade here. I probably wont for at least 2 years at most.

YOU NEVER KNOW.