'Google.com'

Van

Ok, please excuse this if it has been answered before (or is a stupid question)...

I searched around the forums unable to find information on the user 'Google.com'...

Everytime I sign on, I see 'Google.com' as signed in... but you can't click on the name :wacko:

I'm not sure if it's a bot or what, I'm just confused!

:huh:

- Van

Ok, please excuse this if it has been answered before (or is a stupid question)...

I searched around the forums unable to find information on the user 'Google.com'...

Everytime I sign on, I see 'Google.com' as signed in... but you can't click on the name :wacko:

- Van

Most likely a google crawler... by google

- Van

The Google.com is Google "spider" who updates Google search database information with new keywords from forums. That bots may be administer from Admin CP in IPB.

You can't click on its name because it (the bot) is not member of forums. The way it accesses forum (Guest, Registered Member, Moderator, Administrator) may be also set in ACP.

kalamarko92

I just wonder why they can't do it manually...

Because it would take forever. :lol:

Not only does it index pages for search engines, these web crawlers will make a cache of almost every page they visit. You can also do a query on cache, lets say the page you want to view is not working, you can look at an old version of it with a cache.

See: http://www.google.com/help/operators.html