[Solved] Error On First Cpanel Login

acrimes

Hi, when trying to login to cPanel with the brand new

user: acrimes

I get an invalid password, and when I try to reset the password, I get:

HelioHost Account Error

Dear acrimes,
Your hosting account at HelioHost has encountered an error during installation. The error is:

The domain “atrocitycrimes.org” already exists in the Apache configuration.

Please visit http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/signup.php and try to signup again.

Regards,
HelioHost Staff
========================================================

If there is another atrocitycrimes.org, I would own it, since I own the domain (and .US) and have the DNS pointed to you and the NS1-4 at AFRAID.ORG.

Did I somehow mistakenly sign up with a misspelled user or something?

Could I please use the following?

Server: stevie

HH User: acrimes

HH Pass: [the one I'm using for this HN account]

HH Email: AC@UFNPSI.COM

HH Domain: ATROCITYCRIMES.ORG (I will also add ATROCITYCRIMES.US)

HN User: acrimes

HN Pass: [same as above]

I may have also used an email of AC@MichaelOatman.net, but that user would also be called acrimes with the same info as above.

Please point me in the right direction to fix this so I can get the site up soon.

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance!

Michael

AC@UFNPSI.COM ~or~ AC@MichaelOatman.net

That domain is associated with an account that was suspended for phishing.

Huh? When? I haven't set it up yet. If you need to verify that I am the domain owner, please email any of the contacts (obfuscated for private WHOIS) in the domain records.

The only thing I can figure is that some cracker was lurking in the registrars and saw that I had set the DNS to HelioHost prior to the time when I set up the account, and that is why it says there is already an account with that domain. They must have beaten me to registration.

I am the legitimate owner of the domain. I was using (only) the user "acrimes". My guess is that whoever was phishing was not from my IP range nor was using this user or anything similar.

If you would like to send me a code in the email to the contacts in the registrar's WHOIS (internet.bs), I would gladly confirm it.

For security, I would not mind if you would set up the account properly as I noted in the original post above.

At least, could you make it so I can sign up please? I am using this website like an indymedia, so that journalists are able to document war crimes and genocides in the US (the .US version) and worldwide (the .ORG version). I'm not charging money and I'm certainly not phishing.

I have a call for authors and authoring software at http://tucson.craigslist.org/pol/5812251419.html if you would like to look.

Thank you for fixing this problem,

Michael

Thank you

While we're waiting for Krydos, I'll add my input. Looking at the account info, it was registered from a different IP range from your posts. You're reporting from Tucson Arizona (or somewhere nearby), the phishing account was registered by someone in Argentina.

Doesn't mean much nowadays though due to VPNs and the like.

The odd part is that phishing account has both of your domains on it, so whoever is responsible for it probably either watched that specific domain for some reason, or is scraping DNS for new domain registrations and sets up phishing at the targeted host whenever possible.

Why is your domain atrocitycrimes.org? What is your intended purpose for that domain?

From Above:

"I am using this website like an indymedia, so that journalists are able to document war crimes and genocides in the US (the .US version) and worldwide (the .ORG version). I'm not charging money and I'm certainly not phishing.

I have a call for authors and authoring software at http://tucson.craigs...5812251419.html if you would like to look."

Anything else?

The only thing I can figure is that some cracker was lurking in the registrars and saw that I had set the DNS to HelioHost prior to the time when I set up the account, and that is why it says there is already an account with that domain. They must have beaten me to registration.

We've had some issues with people essentially stealing domains that are pointed to our servers, but aren't associated with an account on our server. That's probably what happened here. Like wolstech said the account on our system that currently has control of your domains does not appear to have been created by you, the person posting on our forums.

I have removed your two domains from the system, and you should now be able to create an account using those domains. Let us know if you have any other problems.