[Solved] Addon Domain Request, Dns On Cloudflare

mehellra

Hi, I am new member here

I am the owner of a website which is using CloudFlare and is hosted on some other server.

I know that I could change my domain's NS, add the domain and change the NS back to Cloudflare's,

but this would cause a little downtime to my website.

I have seen you help people in this regard, so I am providing requested information

• Domain Name I want to host here: ThesisAdviser.com
  • Your cPanel username: armnet
  • Your main domain: armnet.heliohost.org
  • The server that you are on: stevie

PS: I know that you are blocking addon domain without proper NS for security reason, but there are other way to check this automatically, which may benefit both Heliohost admins and users:

1- you can check only the A record,

2- you can ask for adding a cname before you process the request.

Thank you for your service

Raha

Integrated CloudFlare support is supposedly planned for Tommy when he finally comes around, but that's likely a few months off, and even then it may not be in the initial roll-out since we'll be more focused on missed security holes and broken features.

If you change the NS, immediately add, and change back, its unlikely most would ever notice the downtime anyway. Our server will see the record change immediately after you change it because it checks the registrar/root DNS directly, but most users would never see the changed records because of cached DNS at other providers and their PC. If users do see something, it'll be the Queued page for the duration of cache life.

I would also like to see the NS requirement dropped, but I doubt it will happen. Checking A records seems reasonable to me, but Krydos likely has a reason why this wasn't done...I suspect ease-of-use since the same NS work for all of our servers, whereas A records would need to be set according to the server you sign up on, and we'd spend a lot more time troubleshooting issues.

Hi thank you for reply,

Well, actually I have done this last night. although the name server was changed at registrar and CloudFlare was off too,

I was unable to add the domain even this morning,

so this morning I changed the name server back again to avoid unavailability during day time.

I will appreciate if you add it as an addon domain under my account thanks.

Thanks

This is what our server sees: http://bybyron.net/php/tools/dns_records.php?domain=thesisadviser.com&rec=NS As long as that shows CloudFlare records, you will get an error. It's when our server finally sees the ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org out there that it will work. Make sure you remove all other NS's as well (don't add them alongside CF).

I'll escalate this, however Krydos will likely want you to change them again, allow it to fully propagate (which will cause several hours of downtime), then try again. If it still doesn't work, we'll need the exact error you're receiving so we can diagnose it (there are a few things that can cause a domain to not add that are not related to the nameservers, however those are moot unless the NS records are set since the system won't even try without them set).