What Is The Quota Of Sql Databases?

1s4ha

The database size just counts toward your account's disk space quota I believe.

The only other limit we have on it is overuse/abuse of CPU time. Running complex or badly written queries that monopolize the server (or crash it...) can get you suspended for high load. Pretty much all common software doesn't have any issues with the load though.

Finally, I recommend staying away from the innodb storage engine in MySQL if you're on Stevie, it is subject to going read only or just losing your data without notice if the database server crashes (can happen due to abuse on occasion).

• Like 1

The database size just counts toward your account's disk space quota I believe.

The only other limit we have on it is overuse/abuse of CPU time. Running complex or badly written queries that monopolize the server (or crash it...) can get you suspended for high load. Pretty much all common software doesn't have any issues with the load though.

Finally, I recommend staying away from the innodb storage engine in MySQL if you're on Stevie, it is subject to going read only or just losing your data without notice if the database server crashes (can happen due to abuse on occasion).

Thanks, I'm using phpBB that uses innodb storage engine on Stevie, can I change the engine? If not, what should I do?

It's not as common as it sounds, but it has happened once or twice this year.

If you want to convert it, the safest way is export the database to a .sql file, replace all the Engine=InnoDB with Engine=MyISAM in the .sql file, then create a new database and import the edited file. After that, just point PhpBB to the new database, test, and drop the old one. Many people report newer PhpBB having trouble on MyISAM though, so if it acts strange, you may need to find other forum software or just make frequent backups (which we recommend anyway!) so you can restore it if InnoDB decides to go belly up.

• Like 1