Ns1 Temporarily Disabled

HelioHost

When Stevie crashed last night he was experiencing some fairly high load due to running the ns1.heliohost.org nameserver. In order to give Stevie a bit of a break we're going to leave ns1.heliohost.org offline for now. Since ns2.heliohost.org has rock solid 100% uptime the nameserver downtime shouldn't affect anyone's domains. If you're registering a new domain your registrar might give you some errors regarding ns1.heliohost.org not responding though. Let us know if you have any questions. We're hoping that the reduced load from not having to run a nameserver in addition to all of the user accounts might decrease the chance of another crash.

• Like 1

Mysql server is running now. thanks a lot

can you change my username cause when tomorrow i register with a user name say its unavailable but it was available a fow minutes ago . but i register on www.helionet.org with this user name. so i can sign up with that user name on www.heliohost.org .

Can i change my server steves to tommy? because i need updated version of php .

Thanks

The proper way to set it up is to set an A record to the shared IP of your account. The shared IP can be seen on the left in cPanel (x3 theme), or for paper_lantern click "server information" below the stats on the right to see it.

It usually does. These repeated crashes are the first major whole-server crash incident I've seen on Stevie in the 5 years I've been here.

Take a look at the server monitor history before thanksgiving week. Other than some load spikes from abuse/ddos, he's been great.

Guest Marko30

The Stevie's server is down again. Please help.

Ashish

They still don't know why Stevie keeps crashing. However, you can donate ~$1 and get access to Tommy.

Our website has been bouncing a bit today due to load that I suspect is related to cleanup work that's part of the Johnny rebuild. If it goes down, just try again in a few minutes.

If you donated, you'll probably be getting a Tommy invite in your email at some point in the near future (I believe Krydos gets notifications when people donate).