Stevie Didn't Boot

HelioHost

By now you may have noticed that Stevie didn't boot up yesterday like we were hoping. Rest assured that we're still working with the Hurricane Electric technicians on site with the server to try to get him running again. If we can get Stevie booted up we will try to give a warning via a news post before he comes back online so that the largest number of people can get their backups in case he crashes again right away. At this point if the technicians can't get Stevie running again we may have to wait until a Heliohost admin visits California to see what we can do with the server in person. Our deepest apologies for the inconvenience this unexpected downtime has caused. It really caught us by surprise as Stevie has had 99%+ uptime for every month for the last 6 years or so. There was no warning whatsoever prior to the first crash.

• Like 6

Assuming you have a Stevie account, yes. Users on (new) Johnny or Tommy can still log in.

The system checks your password by asking the server you're on, so if it's down, it can't get an answer. No answer is a wrong answer.

• Like 2

We don't know for sure but the owner says he might be able to get hands on with the server sometime in January or February.

Really? Two months? Those of us who are Stevie should get to Johnny as soon as possible. It's possible?

Also, following on from parcela's question, I have a Tommy invite, but I was not able to get a site backup collected before Stevie crashed. Is there any way of transferring my site between the servers in the current state (SQL databases included), or would I need to wait until Stevie comes back up to do so?

Thanks!

can we create a new account on the other servers?

Yes. We encourage you to. Let us know if you need any help.

ok, thank you. stevie was very reliable, i dont want to change yet and hope you'll work it out.

can i use the same email for creation on tommy?

can i use the same email for creation on tommy?

Yes, but an admin needs to change the email on your Stevie account first otherwise there will be a conflict.

Can we just sign up with another email address? And what server would you recommend?

Can we just sign up with another email address?

Yes.

And what server would you recommend?

Tommy is our flagship server that offers the most features, and will continue to have the highest uptime. However, Tommy is still being beta tested so he may have some bugs, and public account creation isn't available yet. We send out random free invites to create an account on Tommy, or if you make a donation https://www.paypal.me/HelioHost of any amount you will get an invite within 24 hours. Once Tommy is fully set up and done being tested we will offer limited daily signups for free.

If you don't want to donate or wait or wait for Tommy, Johnny is our newest server created in the last week and offers free account creation, but signups are currently limited per day starting at midnight UTC and they fill up really fast. Also if you need Ruby on Rails support Johnny is your only choice.

• Like 1