Stevie Didn't Boot

HelioHost

I see an empty directory listing, which means the domain is configured properly. Did you upload files into the public_html folder?

The park/alias function automatically points your domain to public_html, so if you put your files elsewhere, you'll need to move them.

Thank you for replying. I moved all the files to the public_html folder, and now my home page is black (and blank). If you highlight the blank page, there is some text that becomes visible, but it's undecipherable to me. I did notice that in the public_html folder, there is a cgi-bin folder that is empty. Is that potentially my problem?

It looks like the first time you uploaded your files to /home/gvr590/ which isn't visible from a browser. The second time you uploaded your files to /home/gvr590/public_html/ which is correct, but your /home/gvr590/index.html and your /home/gvr590/public_html/index.html are very different. The /home/gvr590/index.html one looks like valid html, but the /home/gvr590/public_html/index.html was just like a text file with all sorts of seemingly random text in it. I went ahead and moved your correct looking index.html into public_html for you, but I suspect your upload to public_html failed in more ways than just the index.html file.

set as my "Initial Remote Host Directory": /home1/richard/public_html/greenvalleyrecording.com

Try setting it to /home/gvr590/public_html/ and upload all of your files again.

It looks like the first time you uploaded your files to /home/gvr590/ which isn't visible from a browser. The second time you uploaded your files to /home/gvr590/public_html/ which is correct, but your /home/gvr590/index.html and your /home/gvr590/public_html/index.html are very different. The /home/gvr590/index.html one looks like valid html, but the /home/gvr590/public_html/index.html was just like a text file with all sorts of seemingly random text in it. I went ahead and moved your correct looking index.html into public_html for you, but I suspect your upload to public_html failed in more ways than just the index.html file.

set as my "Initial Remote Host Directory": /home1/richard/public_html/greenvalleyrecording.com

Try setting it to /home/gvr590/public_html/ and upload all of your files again.

Thanks to Krydos and wolstech.... I'm up and running again! I really appreciate it guys!! Thank you!!

my website is not coming up for some days now, i have been wondering till i got to these place now, neither can i login with any channel(cpanel, heliohost.org). so am guessing am on steve too. i will want to be online till steve comes back online. this is my web http://neci.heliohost.org, please remove my domain and possibly my email so i can register with johnny while waiting for stevie. thanks.

Ok that domain, username and email can be used to signup with Johnny. http://bybyron.net/helio/sign-up.php

thank you, i have registered on johnny, but i have an issue with my domain, please correct it for me. it's as follows.

"(XID 4de432) A DNS entry for “nifomat.com” already exists. You must remove this DNS entry from all servers in the DNS cluster to proceed.

thank you, i have registered on johnny, but i have an issue with my domain, please correct it for me. it's as follows.

"(XID 4de432) A DNS entry for “nifomat.com” already exists. You must remove this DNS entry from all servers in the DNS cluster to proceed.

Ok try now.

Ok try now.

thanks for your swift reply, but see what i get now "(XID znrpe6) The domain “nifomat.com” already exists in the Apache configuration.

Ok try now.

thanks for your swift reply, but see what i get now "(XID znrpe6) The domain “nifomat.com” already exists in the Apache configuration.

thanks, its working now.