Moving To Tommy (Including Files)

gujsingh

Hy guys,

I have been using Heliohost for last 3 years and though over two weeks of stevie's downtime caught me by surprise, frustration just like any any other heliohost user but I can only imagine the problems admins must be facing repeatedly failing to get stevie up and I support them in such situation .

BTW, Can you move my Stevie account (including the files) onto a new Tommy account ?

Although, I must add, one such incident has potential to create a dent in reputation built over years.

2. Any chances of ftp being up anytime soon?

thanks

guj

I have been using Heliohost for last 3 years and though over two weeks of stevie's downtime caught me by surprise, frustration just like any any other heliohost user

It caught us by surprise too. Stevie didn't give us any warning at all. Just crashed all of a sudden.

BTW, Can you move my Stevie account (including the files) onto a new Tommy account ?

Yes, you can create a new account on Tommy and restore your latest backup. If you would like to use the same username, domain, or email address let us know so we can free them up for you.

Although, I must add, one such incident has potential to create a dent in reputation built over years.

Tommy has had 99.9% uptime for the last couple months since he was built and new Johnny has had 99.9% uptime for the last week or so since he's been rebuilt. We hope that these new servers will have as consistently high uptime as Stevie had for many years to come.

Any chances of ftp being up anytime soon?

Getting everyone access to their files is our highest priority, but Stevie is being really uncooperative. We will make a news post as soon as we make any progress. You can follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/heliohost like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HelioHost.org or just check our news posts occasionally http://www.helionet.org/index/forum/1-news/ to see how it's coming along.

Unfortunately, I do not have any backup for this account. Since it would be quite a while, before stevie is available for backups, can you diskclone stevie's HDD with help from HE technicians or any other ways (HE technicians might have more suggestions) to get us our data back. Can you make this exception please?

Next time, I will surely employ data backup policy, cron or automated backup system to avoid causing pain from such circumstances.