Stevie Downtime And Cpanel Inactivity

djzebbie

Hi, I have an account on the unfortunately troubled Stevie server that I can no longer log into cPanel with to keep my account active.

From other threads on this board I have seen that a repair may not be possible until after the new year.

So my question is will my account be locked due to inability to log in at cPanel? Or is there a grace period until the repair happens?

Stevie crashed a few weeks ago, and Johnny crashed yesterday.

The only option right now is to move to Tommy, which requires an invite. You can donate to get one (any amount $1 or more is appreciated and will get you a Tommy invite sent to your paypal email address), or hope you receive a free one (odds of 1 in ~20,000).

If you need your email/domain/username removed so you can reuse them, please let us know and we can do that for you. Also, if you decide to donate and your paypal email address is the same as your Stevie account email, the email address on the Stevie account will need to be changed, and if your Stevie username and forum username match, the forum username will need to be renamed if you want to reuse your username.

Stevie crashed a few weeks ago, and Johnny crashed yesterday.

The only option right now is to move to Tommy, which requires an invite. You can donate to get one (any amount $1 or more is appreciated and will get you a Tommy invite sent to your paypal email address), or hope you receive a free one (odds of 1 in ~20,000).

If you need your email/domain/username removed so you can reuse them, please let us know and we can do that for you. Also, if you decide to donate and your paypal email address is the same as your Stevie account email, the email address on the Stevie account will need to be changed, and if your Stevie username and forum username match, the forum username will need to be renamed if you want to reuse your username.

I don't have a PayPal, unfortunately. Do you allow other methods of donation, i.e. Bitcoins, personal checks, even cash? Can I mail you guys one of those Visa/Amex gift cards people buy at the local supermarket checkout? :)

Is there a point in the near future when the Tommy server will be open to registration and not require an invite?

We currently do not sadly. Paypal is free though, so you could create one, fund it with one of those Visa gift cards (contrary to what they try to push, a bank account is not required to send money), then send the money from the gift card through it. We're also discussing the possibility of supporting a second service (Skrill) in the near future, but that's mainly going to be for countries where Paypal doesn't operate.

Is there a point in the near future when the Tommy server will be open to registration and not require an invite?

Yes. Obviously like all of our stable servers the signups will open at midnight UTC and will probably fill up fast. Tommy needs some work before we can allow many more people to create an account, but fixing Stevie and getting Johnny set up are higher priorities right now. Also we're going to keep the invite for a donation policy going after free signups are available though because a lot of people prefer to donate a little money to avoid having to try to create an account quickly at a certain time of the day, and frankly with all the hardware failing on all of our ancient servers lately our ad revenue isn't covering the bills and we're losing money. If we keep losing money like we are we'll be forced to go out of business eventually. If people appreciate the service we provide and have the means to donate it goes a long way towards keeping us operating, and keeps our service free for those who can't donate.