What Internet Brower Do You like Best

Internet Browers  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FF is always recognized as a better browser than IE in the eye of pros.

But still, IE occupies a larger market than FF because of Microsoft.

And some sites only support IE, not FF.

But did anyone know that FF is matching w3.org standard where IE is not?

Firefox has really come a long way since the days of Mozilla. Internet Explorer does a pretty good job as well. The one thing I find frustrating with browsers is the differences in the Document Object Model that cause display or functionality problems. I have a form that needs tweaking to work correctly on Firefox. I'm sure if I developed it over there things would be fine for FF, but maybe not IE. Another one I noticed was on tvguide.com were FF had trouble with their menus. Part of the menu would get layered underneath an image or box on the other page making it difficult to navigate. Checking today it looks like the problem has been taken care of. Long live Firefox! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I go for new Safari. But I keep IE for MS stuffs(eg. Updates), firefox when im lazy to deal with Safari, opera for testing web standard, Seamonkey for IRC, and Netscape for fun(actually web testing purposes). The only problems with Safari on my machine is sometime it losts its way with the dns. I need to do ipconfig /flushdns everytime it's stuck. I like the look of webpages inside Safari (except for some incorrectly rendered website, this is where Firefox come to rescue).

Netscape is officially closed. Sad on that.

The case that meriadoc talked about, I was convinced by my friends that it was CSS problems.

Some CSS can work fine on IE, but not on FF.

I've met numerous sites with this problem, but most of them fixed it within months to save FF browsers.

Yup, indeed, FF security is well known for its goodness.

One simple example....

Does your IE block pop ups??

lolz... NO!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
By the way FF is the best, where's the competition?

I guess the competition is..........

Every copy of Windows contains IE, which benefits some freaking lazy users to use it.

Of course, smart user will download a copy of FF to replace IE,

and the smartest user(me) will uninstall the IE out from system! :P

The add-ons add a whole lot in Firefox; especially this new one I found. It's gspace, which allows you to store stuff using your gmail message space. You don't see IE doing that...

I would prefer the add-ons that makes my life easier.

If you need web space, just simply apply one and you can get up to a few dozens of GB, more than GMail for sure.

I prefer the mail notifier and notifies me when new mail arrives and can enter my mail in just a click. (I don't like external software for this purpose)

depending on where i am i use both IE and FF

at work, or in a cafe it's IE

at home it's FF

By the way FF is the best, where's the competition?

Kazehakase, based on the same gecko engine as Firefox, but is wicked fast; it even boots faster than Firefox.

Of course, there are two major disadvantages: it doesn't have many plugins (however, it does support Java and Flash), and as far as I know, it's Linux only.