From Johnny To Tommy: Difference

giteshss2

What are the hosting experience difference between Johnny server and Tommy server?

1. I am a newbie and surveying Heliohost to adjust my needs!

But, i am still unknown to the fact that why people switch their servers to Tommy!

• Is it only because it has fabulous uptime, or is there some other important point too?
  • I am using Jhonny and i have to request all the technologies for my use every now and then. Are these problems not faced in Tommy server?
  • Does Tommy provide greater storage?
  • Does Tommy provide more technologies?
  • Does Tommy provide Better security?

Please help me with that so that i can also know what is better for me.

2. Also,

• What are the norms to switch from johnny to tommy?
  • Is there any fee to be paid? Or request it?

Thank You Heliohost

What are the hosting experience difference between Johnny server and Tommy server?

1. I am a newbie and surveying Heliohost to adjust my needs!

But, i am still unknown to the fact that why people switch their servers to Tommy!

• Is it only because it has fabulous uptime, or is there some other important point too?
  • I am using Jhonny and i have to request all the technologies for my use every now and then. Are these problems not faced in Tommy server?
  • Does Tommy provide greater storage?
  • Does Tommy provide more technologies?
  • Does Tommy provide Better security?

The main benefit is the significantly better uptime. Johnny is meant for experimental websites and has more functionality, however it comes at the expense of stability.

Tommy on the other hand is meant more for production sites...he:

• Has much better uptime and performance
  • Lives on much newer hardware
  • Has tighter resource control; sites get suspended for load more easily to help keep that awesome uptime.
  • Has a slightly older version of cPanel (58 vs 60)
  • Multiple versions of PHP available (5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, and 7.1)
  • Does not support Django.
  • Does not support Rails.

2. Also,

• What are the norms to switch from johnny to tommy?
  • Is there any fee to be paid? Or request it?

Thank You Heliohost

Right now, you have to donate in order to use it. When you donate, you get an invite sent to your paypal or skrill email address that lets you sign up on Tommy. At some point in the future, we will offer free signups that are limited per day, like Johnny currently is.

If you donate and sign up on Tommy, you will need to delete your Johnny account since you're only allowed one account. Also, if your hosting username and forum username are the same, you will need to ask us to rename your forum account if you want to reuse your username on Tommy.

• Like 1

In regards to your .NET request earlier, Johnny runs mono 2.6.7 (which is compatible with .NET 3.5 and has some experimental support for 4.0) enabled by default for all accounts, and Tommy runs mono 4.6.2 (which is compatible with .NET 4.6) but has to be requested to use it on an account.

What is the minimum donation to become eligible for switching to Tommy?

We will give you an invite for any amount of money received, but if you donate much less than $1 USD Paypal eats the whole donation with fees, and we get nothing at all.