2017-01-05

HelioHost

So I wait until you tell me my feeldumb account has been removed, follow this link at midnight Greenwich time, and enter my email address that was associated with feeldumb, and pray it lets me get a Tommy account?

Pretty much. I'd recommend submitting the email now and making sure you have the validation email ready to click at midnight. The signups are filling in a few minutes right now due to excessive demand (everybody else is doing the same thing you're trying to do). If you don't get one, try again tomorrow. We had 1 user who had to try 10 days in a row, and he was trying to get a Johnny account that he later lost in the second crash :(

I am sorry, I do not understand.

I'd recommend submitting the email now and making sure you have the validation email ready to click at midnight.

Submit what email, to where, and what validation email?

I am completely clueless about where I go to even see if I can get a Tommy account.

I tried doing https://www.heliohost.org/signup/

It told me my email was used to create an account, but http://feeldumb.heliohost.org/?3936

does not work. And now I do not know what server feeldumb goes to, but it is not Tommy, I bet.

So I need to have my account removed from where-ever it is first, then try signup, and wonder what server I got, then get my account removed again, and wait, and try again?

Is there any way for me to see what server feeldumb tries to go to now?

Hurray, I got a Tommy account!

My username is feeldumb. I chose bluegemz as my main domain, the same as it was on Stevie.

Now I am ready to restore my 4 websites that I had working on Stevie, and could not get working on Johnny. They are:

teaseleather.tk

cbeacctg.tk

entiaacctg.tk

honeywebph.tk

When I tried to addon (I am told these need to be parked) entiaacctg.tk, I recieved this error message:

(XID qvwqph) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

It showed URL:

http://tommy.heliohost.org:2082/cpsess3488625906/frontend/paper_lantern/addon/doadddomain.html

It did, however, add entiaacctg.tk as a directory in my public_html. But on Stevie, all 4 of these were NOT subdomains. When I originally created them, according to my notes, I made addon domains with the subdomain field blank, and the roots for this one was /home/feeldumb/entiaacctg/www.

It does not show entiaacctg or anything, as an addon domain, it says "No addon domains are configured. "

May I get the domains properly pointed to Tommy now, please?

And may I be allowed to place their root directories as they were on Stevie, please?

I look forward to your reply!

(XID qvwqph) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

It did, however, add entiaacctg.tk as a directory in my public_html. But on Stevie, all 4 of these were NOT subdomains. When I originally created them, according to my notes, I made addon domains with the subdomain field blank, and the roots for this one was /home/feeldumb/entiaacctg/www.

You need to change your domains' nameservers to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org.

The subdomain has always been a requirement in cPanel. If you left it blank on Stevie, I believe it quietly created it in the background. I always had to have that subdomain off of my main domain for each addon I had. The new system just doesn't let you leave it blank anymore.

Also, we recommend the roots for domains be folders inside of public_html. While we recently enabled putting domain roots outside public_html, we can't guarantee that they'll continue to work, and it's not good practice.

When I create a website, the URL points to a subdirectory of the main directory, so browser users cannot see the files in the main directory, where I keep private stuff, like my hit logs, and user names and passwords. If everything is a subdirectory of public_html, someone with the correct URL could examine all my data.

And that was the way I had it on Stevie, and that worked for years, and all of my backed up files are set up for that.

I have also seen that krydos allowed someone else to do that on Tommy, for the same reason.

I also see that my websites have been down so long that freenom.com has removed all of my 4 domains. I will try and replace them.

Hurray, I got all 4 of my free .tk domain names back.

And all of them show contents of the wrong subdirectories. I have no idea if my websites will work properly, and below their www roots, if go to bluegemz.heliohost.org, everything is showing, which I would prefer NOT.

While we recently enabled putting domain roots outside public_html,

Good, how do I do that?

When you add the domains, you should be able to just specify a root folder that's not in public_html (you may need to create it first). If it won't let you, open a new topic over in customer service and I'll escalate it for you.

As for your main domain showing everything, you can disable indexing in cpanel for it. Then it'll show a forbidden page instead.