Playstation 3

dropped $100.. and you can get a referbished or used one for even cheaper

Five hundred dollars for a PS3 is still two hundred more dollars than a basic 360 system.

You also get a Blu-Ray player, wireless internet, and a much better system.

If you bought the HD-DVD player and wireless adapter for 360 it would be $200. And the HD-DVD player cant even play games. Also Blu-Ray has a better quality over HD-DVDs

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but something that plays Blu-Ray as well would be very useful. Say you want to play games, right? Well, what if you don't want to have to mess around with wires to watch a DVD?

That's what the PS3 is useful for.

Although, it really is a horribly over-priced system. Wait until Christmas, and it'll probably drop even more.

True, but something that plays Blu-Ray as well would be very useful. Say you want to play games, right? Well, what if you don't want to have to mess around with wires to watch a DVD?

That's what the PS3 is useful for.

Although, it really is a horribly over-priced system. Wait until Christmas, and it'll probably drop even more.

I have multiple inputs for my TV. No messing with wires.

So, there's really no use.

It won't drop, it hasn't even technically dropped. The 100 dollar drop is a limited deal. The 60GB model has been discontinued. If you get it too late, you'll once again be stuck with the 600 dollar PS3.

@Tbone, I don't care about a Blu-ray player, I have a PC media center with HDMI outputs. If I wanted a Blu-ray or HD-DVD drive, I'll get one for a few hundred bucks or so.

Maybe I should change that to weakest processor (at least I think Genesis had a stronger one...). It just kinda shows that for all the bells and whistles, a console can't succeed if it's not accessible and has great games.

Well if they made a Blu-Ray less version then games couldnt play on it, because all the games are put onto a blu-ray disk..

And yeah. Its selling better then the PS3. well it was.. Im not sure now though. Sales have increased over 135% since the price drop

If the PS3 never had Blu-ray in the first place, it would be fine. Pre-rendered cinematics are obsolete anyways and that's the only reason to have such a large disc capacity.

Maybe I should change that to weakest processor (at least I think Genesis had a stronger one...). It just kinda shows that for all the bells and whistles, a console can't succeed if it's not accessible and has great games.

The processor isn't as important as a GPU. Only exception would be the PS3's, as the SPU cores were originally designed to replace a GPU and can do things just as well.

Blu-Ray is the future.. and Sony is planning on having PS3 last 9-10 years..

and with higher disk capacity you can have longer, more in-depth games. Blu-Ray is also outselling HD-DVDs. Not sure of the ratios, ill look it up later.

and with higher disk capacity you can have longer, more in-depth games. Blu-Ray is also outselling HD-DVDs. Not sure of the ratios, ill look it up later.

Sure, let's make a 100 hour game. That way, we can fill the entire disc.

Of course Blu-Ray is outselling HD-DVD. They count PS3s in the count.

Blu-Ray is the future.. and Sony is planning on having PS3 last 9-10 years..

I went ahead and Googled the ratio, and at PC World

it states that Blu-Ray is outselling HD-DVD 70% to 30%!

Also, it says that "Blu-ray movie sales increased more than sevenfold after the PS3's launch."

So,

"Sony might have had the right idea when it came to hitching the Blu-ray format to its PlayStation 3."

You can read the entire article here:

Blu-Ray Outselling HD-DVD 70% to 30%

- Van