Issue Running Php

hwiremod

Hello, I've been attempting to run php files from the public_html folder and can't seem to get them to work. In place of my php webpage I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@[easytofigureout].heliohost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is this my fault for not properly setting up PHP or something? They work fine running on other ftp hosts's public_html folder.

EDIT: I'm a Johnny that requires PHP 5.5+ for my files to work.

Here's the error you're getting:

[Wed May 17 22:09:02 2017] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/hwiremod/public_html/prometheus/index.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://hwiremod.heliohost.org
And if you look at the permissions:

root@johnny [/home/hwiremod/public_html/prometheus]# ls -la | grep index
-rw-rw-r--.  1 hwiremod hwiremod  5630 May 17 10:11 index.php
     ^
     |
this is the problem
That's 664, and it needs to be 644 otherwise php cries about it. After I changed the permissions for you it gives an error about not having the right mysql credentials http://hwiremod.heliohost.org/prometheus/

Generally php files should be 644, directories should by 755 except for public_html which should be 750, but that is created when your account is so you don't need to mess with that.

• Like 1