Think up a competition!

Ashoat

Basic is outdated. Try teaching him calculator programming, its the easiest :). Then you can try PHP, its simple too. I have this really good book for intro to programmers with no experience to PHP. It absolutely rocks if you've no past programming expeirence.

But as a contest... no. :)

EDIT

BTW, no one won, and the contest is still open.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basic is outdated. Try teaching him calculator programming, its the easiest :). Then you can try PHP, its simple too. I have this really good book for intro to programmers with no experience to PHP. It absolutely rocks if you've no past programming expeirence.

But as a contest... no. :)

EDIT

BTW, no one won, and the contest is still open.

I hope you mean calculator BASIC, cuz assembly is a pain in the [bleeped!].

Yeah, its basically basic (lol) with a couple etra commands used to control the calc. I tried to learn assembly, but I couldnt understand one guide, then the other guide's way of compiling didnt work, and the new one didnt tell me the commands I needed to compile it with tasm... grr...

Yeah, I'm a basic kinda guy anyways. Iv'e got a few games in the making that I havnt really done any work on for awhile. I just cant seem to finish anything.

Anyways... anyone interested in getting back on topic? lol.

how about a graphics contest or make a simple php script contest? Perhaps design affilate buttons for the site. You could have member games like The Helio Aprentice or Who wants to be a Helionmillionare? You could do site spotlights too :medieval:

• 2 weeks later...

i read the topic title and contests ideas ill give a few, i apolagise in advanced if any have been brought up before, but i really cant be bothered to read through all the replys, so i will just post

-a refferal compettition

-graphics design

-best ideas for site improvment?