I Can't Create Directory Or File Using Jsp Script.

vaninf

I have a JSP file mkdir.jsp in folder /home/vaninf/public_html/, it tries to create a directory and file, but I get "Permission denied" exception.

How can I create a directory or file using JSP script? How can I get the permission to do it?

Thanks.

The user that Tomcat runs as doesn't have permission to create directories for security because this is a shared host. Just create your folder manually, or create it with PHP. PHP is allowed to create directories because it runs as SuPHP which means it runs with the same permissions as your main user account. There is no such thing as SuJSP so Tomcat has to run all users with the same tomcat user with the same permissions.

My JSP web application will allow users to upload image files, so my JSP scripts has to be able to create directories and files. I searched internet and find this site: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35428172/tomcat-permission-denied-when-trying-to-write-a-file

Can you run these two commands:

chown tomcat:tomcat /home/vaninf/public_html

chmod u+wrx /home/vaninf/public_html

so that my JSP scripts can create folders and files in my home folder.

Thanks.