[Solved] Python Hello World Not Working

terhaarb

I would like some help to get a python script to work. I am familiar with python and running it on a web server (local Apache with minimum configurations). I have scoured most of the wiki and forums for help. The most straight-forward post I found (a 'hello world') is here:

http://www.helionet.org/index/topic/21335-deploying-python-first-timer-here/?hl=python.

I have followed that post with a new file edited through cPanel using us-ascii format placed in the cg-bin folder. I changed the permissions to 777 (I realize 755 should be sufficient). I added .py to the Apache Handlers. I edited the .py file to use no semi-colon and with ';' as in the example. I even added a .htaccess file with only the content suggested in the forum post, even though I believe I shouldn't need it.

Through all my editing and configuration searching in forums and the wiki I still end up with a 500 error (which could be many things - from the forum searches). I've attached a screenshot of the file. I'm sure there's something stupid/simple I've overlooked.

Best regards,

BT

post-113015-0-19036300-1497542094_thumb.png

Edited by terhaarb

• 2 weeks later...