hello,

im new to website hosting sites and stuff...

so my problem is that i want to connect a database to my website which i made it on my system using mysql

all i want is my database to show up in phpmyadmin from where i can do the editing and stuff to my database that is present on my system.

i dont want to import and export files. i need to be able to do changes to my database directly from phpmyadmin through my website and same changes must be applied to my database and i should be able to see it using mysql in my system.

and the data i collect from the html file must directly go into the database of my system so that i can access it offline aswell.

i know this is very stupid question to ask but it be very helpful for me if someone actually told me how to connect.

can u please tel me what host name should i give instead of local host and database username and password in my php file..

thanks in advance.

If your script is running on the server, such as if you install phpmyadmin on your account in public_html then use localhost as the host name.

If you're connecting to the server remotely then use johnny.heliohost.org