[Solved] Close The Connections For Luigi123_Sb

Luigi123

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing Krydos said there wasn't any open after you stopped the game server, the game server itself is likely to blame. The connections probably reopened when you relaunched the game server.

Krydos will have to confirm what he sees with the game server running again, but I suspect the game server is either buggy, broken, or poorly designed and is not closing them after use as it should...your next step would probably be to troubleshoot/update/replace the game server software.

The game server is broken, so your best bet is to talk to whoever makes/runs the game server software that's running at the IP Krydos posted, and ask why it doesn't close its SQL connections like it should.

It's likely either a bug or poor design, especially since the connections sit there open with absolutely no usage.

If the server is broken, it'll just eat up the additional ones and leave them open too.

Krydos might be willing to try increasing it, but it wont actually fix the problem (properly made software will close unused connections when done with them), it'd just delay or hide the problem.

I ask my Game Server host and ask why I can't join my server and he said:

"the issue i'm seeing is that the database you're using only allows few connections"

"in fact, max_user_connections is triggered"

"basically either your database host increases the limit or you have to move your databases elsewhere"

Will just see if Krydos can increase MySQL connections.

How many open connections does this software think it needs? If I increase the max open connections and the software just sits with that many more connections open it just degrades the performance of everyone else on the server even more and you'll still get the error.

Just got a message from my Game host saying

"i really don't know, that depends on your setup... everything is fine if you leave the value as default to 150, i guess they're using something like 5 now"

150 is a no.

I've got an idea. How about I write a script to kill the broken mysql connections every few seconds that this buggy software opens and never closes? Want to try that? I'm not going to let your account hog the entire server's worth of mysql connections without even transferring any data for hours. That's completely ridiculous.