[Solved] Close The Connections For Luigi123_Sb

Luigi123

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That probably means that your software requires more than four simultaneously open persistent connections. That is some spectacularly poorly written code you've got there. Can you access the source or is this all compiled binaries?

• Convince the author to rewrite his software.
  • Rewrite the software yourself.
  • Switch to better written software that does the same thing.
  • Write your own software that does the same thing.
  • Host the mysql database somewhere where you can have 150 persistent connections.

Probably not, seeing that needing that many is absurd. Even most paid hosts have such limits (I manage a site for a client on a paid host, their limit is 2 [!!!]). You'd probably need to run your own mysql server just for that software.

You should find replacement software, not a replacement web host. For what it's worth, any software requiring this ridiculous amount of persistent connections is almost certainly terribly written junk that should be fixed or replaced. Can't you just run the game server without this software (it appears to be an extension of some sort)?

I'm sure there are hosts without this limit, but nearly all free hosts are going to have this problem, and I've never used a paid one in this capacity, so I can't recommend such a service that will meet these requirements.

You could also just buy a VPS and run your own mysql server, or maybe have a computer at home that runs constantly with mysql on it too. Really the only way you're going to get 150 simultaneous persistent connections is if you run the mysql server yourself.