Helionet.org Shows Down On Status Page

bdistler

for a few days now HelioNet.org has been showing down (white bar) on status page - but it is up

I know it is not a HelioHost site

The same thing happened when we released the new homepage http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/archive/?2016-09-29 It needs to be manually updated to work with the new ssl helionet by Piotr GRD https://www.helionet.org/index/user/14622-piotr-grd/ By design HelioHost has no control over that server monitor. By not having direct control over it people can trust that we're not tampering with it to make ourselves look better (like a lot of other hosts do.)

"White bar" doesn't mean "down", but "no info". ; )

Thank you and I'm sorry.

As I wrote it in the email - this is unfortunatelly the result of my procrastination, I'm loosing my personal war with it in last few years.

My old monitoring script - started in 2009 - require some small modification to *properly* check the SSL connections, otherwise it reports false (longer than in reality) connection times (the way it handles the "handshake" OR the way it verify the certificates has something to do with it). The required modification is small, however because of mentioned procrastination it takes me weeks already to do it and may take even more. I will try, but I can not guarantee any timeframe.

The Heliohost main page is also served through SSL, but in this case I've "temporarily" switched to check the /classic/ version of it, still through normal HTTP, until the required update of my script.

Thank you and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Edited by Piotr GRD