Johnny: Mysql Remote Login.

kodilib

I am unable to connect to database remotely

I have created a username
Added access host IP to list.

ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic59 [2003](Can't connec to MySQL server on 'kodilib.helioshost.org' (110))

Using post 3306 to try and access.

The connection will create the database / tables it requires.

Any ideas?

Edited by kodilib

No will try it now

ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos76 [1045](Access denied for user ... (using password: YES)

Now getting this error, do all users including primary, not have permissions to create tables / databases?

Edited by kodilib

That's generally the error you get when the remote MySQL tab is set up wrong, or when the user isn't assigned to the database in the MySQL databases section. Did you remember to assign the user to the database, and did your IP address change?

For testing, add a % sign to allow from all in remote MySQL, verify you've assigned the database user to the database and granted it permissions in the MySQL databases page, then see if it works.

Ok i'll have a nose.

Ok so I can't assign a use to database, and unsure how many databases my media library will try to make.

So I have a wildcard.

bd7701bc10fea7e6fe4718a565b340d4.png

Getting access denied for user, so I'm starting to think the server permissions wont allow the remote to create databases?

Well manually made 2 databases, and now it can't make tables. Server side permissions atm.

Edited by kodilib

Ok i'll have a nose.

Ok so I can't assign a use to database, and unsure how many databases my media library will try to make.

You do it in the page where you create the database, not the remote MySQL page. Create a user, then assign to database and grant all permissions when prompted.

Also, we don't allow automatic creation of databases (well, easily...you'd have to write a script to automate the cPanel UI...), so if your software needs to create entire databases (e.g. CREATE DATABASE statements), it will not work properly.

• 1 month later...