Changing Username

joemama718

Is it possible for me to transfer my account to a different username or domain name? I'm planning on using my account to make a website with a friend, and my current subdomain really doesn't fit.

If you can, and if you can do it easily - my current username is jaymaa, and I'd like it to be mildlyhotpeppers. (Is that over the character limit?)

Thanks a lot!

Is it possible for me to transfer my account to a different username or domain name? I'm planning on using my account to make a website with a friend, and my current subdomain really doesn't fit.

If you can, and if you can do it easily - my current username is jaymaa, and I'd like it to be mildlyhotpeppers. (Is that over the character limit?)

Thanks a lot!

I just recommend buying the service again, or something like that. And then transfer the files over. My recommendation, since I don't think you can change the username for the domain thing.

Yeah I was thinking of doing that but I think there's something against multiple accounts...is there? And plus it'll be a pain to have to upload everything again, not to mention waiting for the account to be approved in the first place. >< So I'm hoping djbob will use his mighty administrator powers and work his magic. Please?

Yes - I guess I'll make another, then? Are forum based posting accounts immediately activated?

edit//

Erm...djbob...I just bought the hosting plan with 250 helions, entered "mildlyhotpeppers", clicked Sign Up! (not renew)...and it said something about an error, how it could not find my username, and something else that I now forget. (But it sounded like an error that would pop up if I had clicked renew and the username didn't exist. I am sure I clicked Sign Up though.) My item is gone (along with the helions I spent)...help?

Djbob I have lost 750 helions so far trying to sign up. As I've said before, Mildlyhotpeppers and I are trying to make a site together, and we've decided to brand his videos as mildlyhotpeppers and not jaymaa. Thus, we need a new (sub)domain - I have tried signing up as "mildlyhotpeppers", and when I click sign up it tells me that the user does not exist and that it is the same as my control panel username. If I haven't signed up that account yet, how can it possibly exist!? I tried again later, thinking perhaps there was a temporary bug. That was not the case. And so I decided to try and get a free account. When trying to sign up for a free account, I saw that there was a character limit of 8. So I tried "mhp" - yet again, it did not work.

So now I have lost 750 helions, and I have not created a new account. It would be amazing to be able to get 500 helions back and a standard posting package with the subdomain of mildlyhotpeppers.heliohost.org. I understand if you've been busy lately and unable to respond - just please help us as soon as possible. Thanks!