[Solved] Question About Java On Tommy

div

Hi admin/s,

Server: Tommy

1. Can i install java on a subdomain so my example.com remains as i want and subdomain.example.com becomes my default for a java project and runs the jsp directly.

2. do i need to install ssl for a java hosted site on a subdomain? Is it really neccessary?

3. I have a database although currently configured in Oracle but i won't get oracle here so i have to move to Mysql right? So should i start creating my databases or wait till java is installed?

4. I'm confused on which database service to use.. My main requirement is I would have to store login information from the users using the application. But which one to choose?

• Postgresql
  • Mysql
  • Remote mysql ( Whats the difference from mysql)
  • phpmyadmin (i think its only for people who use php scripting so not for jsp maybe?

Any links or suggestions is appreciated. I'm still learning so please bear with me :D

Hi admin/s,

Server: Tommy

1. Can i install java on a subdomain so my example.com remains as i want and subdomain.example.com becomes my default for a java project and runs the jsp directly.

2. do i need to install ssl for a java hosted site on a subdomain? Is it really neccessary?

3. I have a database although currently configured in Oracle but i won't get oracle here so i have to move to Mysql right? So should i start creating my databases or wait till java is installed?

4. I'm confused on which database service to use.. My main requirement is I would have to store login information from the users using the application. But which one to choose?

• Postgresql
  • Mysql
  • Remote mysql ( Whats the difference from mysql)
  • phpmyadmin (i think its only for people who use php scripting so not for jsp maybe?

Any links or suggestions is appreciated. I'm still learning so please bear with me :D

1. Yes.

2. No, but if you're on Tommy, it will install itself on its own, so you'e getting it anyway. You don't need to do anything.

3. No we don't support Oracle, but MySQL is the closet you'll get to it (in fact, it's made by the same company). You can create your databases now, no need to wait for Java.

4. You'll probably want mysql, which is the more common of the two in your list (the other being postgres). Remote MySQL is just a way to grant outside PCs (other than the hosting server) access to your mysql databases. PhpMyAdmin is a web-based GUI editor for mysql databases.

Hi again, ok new questions :D

1. I have a war file which i would like to host on jee.divyansj.gq so how to do that? so it should show something like jee.divyansj.gq/InterestWAR/interestpage.html

2. If i ever have some changes in files can i do it just by editing using cpanel file manager and will the changes reflect on my java application online automatic or do i have to ask here to redeploy?

3. How many times can i ask to deploy war files?

4. I know one war file per account per website but i want to first test using this file so can i request another in a few days?

If my current configuration looks ok then please proceed with deploying my war file

cpanel username: divyans | server: tommy | war file name: InterestWAR.war (uploaded in public_html/JEE)

1. War files have to be deployed by a root admin, and while I'm not sure, I think they can only be deployed on your main domain (the domain that points to public_html).

The file needs to go in your home folder (the folder that your public_html folder is inside of) and the name is case sensitive. Please be aware when deployed, it will be in a subfolder with your username and _ prepended. InterestWar.jar would become yourdomain.tld/divyans_InterestWar/ online.

2. You have to ask for a re-deploy. You can't see the deployed files.

3. No limit.

4. Yes. When you request redeploy, the first one is removed and replaced with it.

Thanks for the prompt reply. So i moved the file to home folder. Now its pretty clear. I guess its ok if its using my main domain. No worries.

So please deploy my file.. Here are the details

cpanel username: divyans | server: tommy | war file name: InterestWAR.war

After deploying i will try this link to check divyansj.gq/divyans_InterestWar/interestpage.html

Edited by div

For some reasons its not working.

This is my main page that the war should run https://divyansj.gq/divyans_InterestWAR/interestpage.html

its running fine on my localhost http://localhost:8080/InterestWAR/interestpage.html

link http://imgur.com/a/Sh6Qj

I didnt export my war files with the source files i.e. the .java files and i dont think that's a problem

Edited by div