[Solved] Gigak Install Request

gigak

It's clear now. even if you were giving me root permission i don't want it. so big responsibility. I will try and search why does it need this dirs or if i change its path to my public_html. Can i create virtual env? And and make python path to this virtual env? And will i be able to install packages? It's so hard to work with python wihout shell :( . also where does installed packages go? is it common for people which are on python 3.6? or its installed for users exclusively?

Edited by gigak

It sounds like what you need is a VPS. We don't offer that.

Python can be a pain to work in without a shell, though plenty of others do it. Python 3.6 is very commonly used here. The trick is writing your code to work with files within your home directory, and not using packages that need root access. You won't be able to use that steem package for example, unless you can change its paths to save in your home folder.

And no, you can't install packages yourself since they're a server-wide change. A root admin has to do it. You can't see the folder where they end up. You're welcome to ask for packages if you need them though.

actually i am already on stage to configure steem library. and it retrieved account information. on this stage it can't make complex actions like upvote a comment but i will spend my day on it. and yes i can "install" package my own. i found that wsgi script includes code os.path.append() to my home directory which gives me ability to import relatively. that means i can copy installed package from my python which must be same version as heliohost and it just works. and relative import is good because it first search in current directory and if requirements are not fulfilled then goes in site-packages on which i don;t have root access. i will try to settle everything and see what can i do.