[Solved] Application Instatiation Error: No Database Selected --- Configuration.php Ok!?

fuzmic

Hi Admin

After 24 hours, my new website peace.heliohost.org response with

"Error displaying the error page: Application Instatiation Error: No database selected"

Same error msg when access /administrator

In my localhost Joomla 3.7.4 website working.

In my public_html, configuration.php have the following entries relating to database

public $dbtype = 'mysql';

public $host = 'localhost';

public $user = 'fuzmic_myusername';

public $password = 'mydbpassword';

public $db = 'fuzmic_mydbasename';

public $dbprefix = 'fy.._';

public $secret = '8l.....';

The $db & $user & $password & $dbprefix agree with what is in mysql.databases and phpmyadmin of CPanel

my....name not real name used.

At CPanel.database, only one user pointing to only one database with password set up.

Cannot find any mistake, please help. I am new to free hosting though.

Edited by fuzmic

Your mysql user doesn't have permission to access your database.

Drydos, YES YES you are right right right :wub:

Forget to give all privileges to the user. Now done & of course working. Now it is ready for someone to fix the ARI Slider hiccup with Everywhere Facebook slider. When i am done i will put up my intended website with you guys.

Take this point to ask how to add a sub domain eg Wondeful.heliohost.org and will this appear as a sub folder in public_html.

:ph34r:

Edited by fuzmic

Thank you Root Admin

1. I change my free domain to peace2u.heliohost.org 3 days ago, in cpanel seem it is not effected.
  2. Anyway today's browsing peace.heliohost.org not resolving.
  3. By the way with a free domain awstats won't is it correct?
  4. If a buy a cheap domain will i be still in the same shared server?

Sorry for indulging with a battery of questions! New Comer :mellow:

PS finally website showing, still my test website till i change to peace2u

Edited by fuzmic

I change my free domain to peace2u.heliohost.org 3 days ago, in cpanel seem it is not effected.

I checked the logs and you actually changed it to peace2u not peace2u.heliohost.org so that's why it didn't work.

By the way with a free domain awstats won't is it correct?

No, you can use awstats for free. It's enabled on free accounts on Tommy, but it's disabled on Johnny to reduce load so we can allow more Johnny accounts per day.

If a buy a cheap domain will i be still in the same shared server?

We have two servers, and we're about to get a third. You can host any domains whether they're free or cheap or .coms on any of the three servers. You can also change servers if you want.

Sorry for indulging with a battery of questions! New Comer :mellow:

You're fine. Ask away, or search away if people have already asked it before, or read away on the wiki if there's an article about it.

Feel damn good reading your caring response, almost all clear. Thank you very much for all the follow through & true.

So can i switch to tommy and will tommy handle Joomla php & how, your answers lead to an avalanche of thoughts.

Peace2U

Edited by fuzmic

There are two ways to switch to Tommy.

• Give a donation at https://www.heliohost.org/tommy/ and let us know the transaction ID. Then we will do the work for you and your entire account and all settings and all domains and everything will be transfered as is to Tommy even if he is already full for the day. This will result in little to no downtime for your website(s).
  • Follow the instructions at http://wiki.helionet.org/Moving_your_account You will only be able to create your Tommy account while he has free signups available, and you will need to recreate all of your domains and upload everything from your backup. This method can also result in several days of downtime for your website(s).