[Solved] Please Install Svn

subodhc

I'm thinking a VPS or a dedicated SVN host service is going to be a better solution for you. A shared host just isn't the best choice for running such a system unfortunately :( SVN is going to be rather difficult to use here due to the security restrictions we have (I think you're the first in my 6 years to try). Web front ends likely all require exec() or equivalent, and the SVN tools themselves are command line (and we don't allow shell access to use those).

Krydos might have a few other ideas for you.

I was able to install a functional copy of SVNManager on Johnny without using shell, but like I said in an earlier post the software was slightly crippled due to lack of php exec() function. If you would like to try it out let me know and I can get it set up on your account for you.

Trying to create a repository through SVNMANAGER and after clicking on submit of create repository form ,end with the below error

[2] exec() has been disabled for security reasons (@line 72 in file /home/subodhc/public_html/svnman/svnmanager/RepositoryModule/DataModule.php).
Debug Backtrace
#1  -- pradoErrorHandler(...)
#2 DataModule.php:72 -- exec(...)
#3 CreatePage.php:57 -- DataModule->createRepository(...)
#4 TComponent.php:550 -- CreatePage->onConfirmBtn(...)
#5 TButton.php:192 -- TComponent->raiseEvent(...)
#6 TButton.php:176 -- TButton->onClick(...)
#7 TPage.php:1005 -- TButton->raisePostBackEvent(...)
#8 TPage.php:950 -- TPage->handlePostBackEvent()
#9 TApplication.php:483 -- TPage->execute()
#10 index.php:5 -- TApplication->run()

As you mentioned couple of days back its end with same thing :)

Edited by subodhc

I think that pretty much explains how useful this program is when run here...the program relies heavily on exec() to actually perform SVN operations since PHP doesn't have any native SVN extension/commands. Since we don't allow exec() here, the software simply won't work to any meaningful capacity.

You can create a new repository with a cron job, or if you say the name of the repo I can create it for you too.

Krydos thanks for extended support even its free hosting. I wont feel comfortable to ask you small-2 changes every time because today its for repository creation tomorrow it will be user creation etc. It look like i am wasting your precise time .