Return Of Ricky

HelioHost

In a few minutes we're going to open free signups on our newest server: Ricky. This server has had new hardware installed and has been completely rebuilt from the ground up to be better and faster. Ricky is a production style server so we're going to strive to keep his load low and his uptime high. Unlike Tommy and Johnny, Ricky is not going to support Java, ASP.NET or Ruby on Rails. Those services are very resource intensive and tend to cause high load. Ricky will however support Python, Django, and Flask. Unlike Tommy Ricky will provide Django and Flask on Python 2.7. Since we can only install Django and Flask on one version of Python per server we decided to have Django/Flask on python 3.6 on Tommy, and Django/Flask on python 2.7 on Ricky. This way you can use django and flask regardless of which major version of python you write in just by choosing the appropriate server. Ricky also supports php 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0 and 7.1 just like Tommy. On Ricky you can write cgi scripts in perl, ptyhon, or ruby. Ricky has mysql, postgresql, and sqlite depending on what database solution you need. As with all of our servers you can use FTP, SFTP, Webdav, email, cron, etc. Let us know if you have any specific questions about Ricky, or if you're interested in transfering your existing account to Ricky.

• 1 month later...

Technically I can't say I am enjoying the new Ricky server it is a lot slow and lagging and even crash at times. I just hope to gain access to PayPal, donate and move to Tommy

Worst server I have ever used on heliohost

• 1 year later...

Potentially. Tommy has a pretty solid track record of being reliable. We'll have to see how Ricky does over the long haul.

Sorry to bring back an old subject, but Ricky keeps going down, so this post is not applicable until Tommy comes back up.

Tommy did have a reliable track record.

I know this is due to the high server load, but will this server be better once Tommy is back?