[Solved] Please Unblock My Ip Addy

OmegatronPrime

Failed IMAP logins again. Do you have a phone or mail client set up anywhere to check mail? If so, that will cause this if the password is wrong.

Hacking is not going to cause the block you're getting since it's originating from your own network. A mail client or cell phone with the wrong password definitely will cause this though.

Unblocked.

I do have an account on my laptop that might be causing the problem---the only flaw in that thinking is that that laptop has been offline for several hours and I have been blocked again.

I will disable the IMAP access once I can log into my email server again.

Found the culprit---there was an IMAP account on my phone which has now been deleted.

• 2 weeks later...

Been blocked once again...sigh...

I don't know where the culprit is this time...

Unless someone is trying to access one of my accounts.

Is there a way to find out where the attempts are coming from, and can I disable my IMAP access?

Sorry to be such a frequent flyer... :lol:

IMAP again. Do you have any other phones or tablets with an email account set up? There is no way to just disable the IMAP access unfortunately.

To my knowledge, there's no good way to find the specific device from our end. All we see is your public IP address making attempts. :( What I can say is that whatever is getting you blocked is on your network since it's showing up as a Comcast connection. If you turn off your cell phone's Wifi, that would eliminate the cell phone as a cause.