[Solved] Remote Postgres Access

heliohob

Hello. I am having exactly the same problem. I want to remotely access a database I made called heliohob_eamenaCPF and need the pg_hba.conf file to be edited to allow all IP adresses. Can somebody help me please?

I would be most grateful.

Sorry, after reading a little more I realise others have been required to give a bit more information:

username: heliohob_user

database: heliohob_eamenaCPF

All IPs needed please.

Many thanks in advance :)

P.S. server is johnny

Thank you very much, that is working now.

Is it also possible to install the PostGIS extensions for postgresql for me? I need the database to be a spatial database and I cannot create geometry columns without PostGIS.

Thanks again in advance.

Since you picked the Johnny server you are using postgresql version 8.4.20. Johnny is not compatible with newer versions of postgresql so we can't upgrade it either. Postgis requires potgresql version 9.2+. Ricky and Tommy are both running postgresql 9.2.23 so I would recommend switching servers if you need postgis. They don't have it installed already, and I'm still not sure it's possible, but at least there's a better chance of it working. Let us know how you'd like to procede.

Great thanks. I will start over on one of those two servers and begin again.

When you install postgreSQL locally it gives you the checkbox option to just add the PostGIS extensions in the Stackbuilder that pops up after the initial install. I have no idea how this works with servers though.

Ah, I see I need to request an account deletion in order to move server.

Can someone please delete my account.

Many thanks in advance.

Heliohob

You can do it yourself here: http://www.heliohost.org/classic/support/scripts/delete Please note that you won't be able to reuse your username for a new hosting account unless I rename your forum account first. Do you want me to do that?

Also, if you donate $1 or more, we can just move the existing account to Tommy or Ricky for you instead of you deleting it and waiting for sign ups to open. If you decide to do this, do not delete your account, and instead post your transaction id from PayPal.