[Solved] Deploy A War

markosca

We are now testing a brand new automated java servlet deployment system on Tommy since this feature is so overwhelmingly popular. Previously you needed to make a post on the forums each time you wanted your java servlet deployed, and every time you updated your .war file you would need to make another post to request the new version be deployed. This lead to a lot of work for the admins, and a lot of confusion for our users. To remedy this we are developing a new system that is integrated directly into your control panel. If you're on the Tommy server and want to help us test it out just go to https://tommy.helioh.../index.live.php like you did to request java in the first place. Then at the bottom of the page (if you have java enabled) there will be a new interface to upload and deploy your .war files. Please be aware that this system is still in testing and for now the deployment may take several hours to complete, but once the system is more fully tested we expect the deployment time to decrease considerably. Let us know if you have any questions.

Edited by Luigi123

Hi,

thanks for your clarification. I have been that my war has been deployed but the deployment has failed. Where could I found the deployment log?

In other hand, I'm using a web application (java) and a mysql database. Are both of them in the same server?

Thanks a lot.

Marcos.

The same SEVERE error that every .war that refuses to deploy throws.

<removed>

For some reason anytime someone uses spring it tries to open like 500 mysql connections. You should be able to fix this by making your connection string something like

jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/climic_db?max-connections=1
Edited by Krydos
removed another users data

Sorry but I can understans something...

My application is using shuffly_database user and I have not defined it...

Also, y my connection params I'm not using this user.. My current user should be "climic_user".

For the last, could I have the complete stack trace for the error or the log file?

Thanks in advance.

Marcos.

My application is using shuffly_database user and I have not defined it...

Ooops, copy/pasted the wrong line!

For the last, could I have the complete stack trace for the error or the log file?

No, because that would be a violation of our privacy policy. The log files contain information for all of the users, as my above mistake proves.

Oh, I haven't seen that you have edited the previous post... sorry.

Also, this war has been working in other tomcat until now and application is limited to 10 connections by configuration...

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">10</property>

What is the máximum connections that can I use?

28-Sep-2017 18:36:58.723 WARNING [localhost-startStop-5] org.apache.catalina.webresources.Cache.getResource Unable to add the resource at [/WEB-INF/lib/ui-darkness-1.0.8.jar] to the cache because there was insufficient free space available after evicting expired cache entries - consider increasing the maximum size of the cache
28-Sep-2017 18:36:58.846 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-5] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal ContainerBase.addChild: start:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/climic_ClimicWeb]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:158)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:724)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:952)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1823)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract in class file javax/faces/webapp/FacesServlet
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:2251)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.findClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:810)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1253)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1118)
at com.sun.faces.config.FacesInitializer.<clinit>(FacesInitializer.java:105)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebappServiceLoader.loadServices(WebappServiceLoader.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebappServiceLoader.load(WebappServiceLoader.java:159)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processServletContainerInitializers(ContextConfig.java:1611)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1131)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:771)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:298)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:94)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5076)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:152)
... 10 more

28-Sep-2017 18:36:58.846 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-5] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Error deploying web application archive /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4/webapps/climic_ClimicWeb.war
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/climic_ClimicWeb]]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:728)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:952)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1823)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

28-Sep-2017 18:36:58.908 INFO [localhost-startStop-5] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deployment of web application archive /opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-8.5.4/webapps/climic_ClimicWeb.war has finished in 1,744 ms