Domain.com | 521: Web Server Is Down

mlex

I have one main domain name - a***.*** - and one addon domain name - m***.*** (please don't post publicly my domain names).

In the main domain name root folder, I use .php file to redirect to the main directory of my website by using:

header("Location: https://a***.***/folder-name/index.php");

The problem is, that when I visit my main domain name(a***.***), I'm getting first the 521 error message and only then the redirection. I'm seeing the 521 error message in browser's history window, with the logged title of the page:

a***.*** | 521: Web server is down

and then on a new logged line, my https://a***.***/folder-name/index.php file, with the normal title.

Can't figure out what may cause this to happen.

UPDATE:

Apparently Cloudflare uses 521 error, but yet not sure why is this triggered

Edited by mlex

First, try clearing your cache. I've seen CF do some weird things due to stale browser cache. However, your particular issue seems to be fairly common with CF. I've noticed this on one of my sites as well. CF doesn't always play nicely with immediate redirects in the root.

Try removing the index.php redirect and doing it using .htaccess instead. If that doesn't help, my next recommendation would be to move the content into the root so the redirect can be eliminated entirely.

By the way, unless for some reason really don't want people to know you use our services, there's no reason not to post your domains. Every domain hosted on our service is indexed by Google (regardless of whether it's mentioned on the forums) and several other search engines, so the additional linking actually serves to improve search visibility. By not mentioning them, you're actually hurting your site believe it or not, and you're also making it more difficult for us to support you too since I now have to look them up.

So it is common, thanks for informing me about it - didn't find relevant info on google.

I opened a ticked to them, perhaps they have some simple solution for this.

But the .htaccess is a really good idea.

It's not crucial to me tho, so I could transfer it to the root if needed.

As for the domain names, it's not about search indexing, and I kind of sorry for making it more difficult for you, but I have some reasons. :ph34r:

I can PM you next time with the links if it may help(it probably won't, I know :) )