[Solved] 500 Internal Server Error - Php Disabled?

ctfisep

I recursively applied 644 permission on my public_html folder.

I can't display the files inside now xD .. and the website reads :

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

_____

EDIT : I changed back to 777, and I can see again the files. Should I put 644 on index.php to see it displayed properly?

______

EDIT 2 : I changed it all to 755, looks to be working (+-), just got some php errors to fix but that's fine :D

Thanks Mlex!

Edited by ctfisep

The public_html folder should be 750.

All folders inside should be 755, unless the folder is the root folder for a subdomain or addon domain (in which case it should be 750 like public_html is).

PHP files should be 644 (be aware that SFTP uploads are 664, which won't work until you change them...Apache does not like PHP files being writable by the group).

• Like 1

Ok perfect :)

Another last question, my cPanel, and my website keep Timing out, or at least have to load for at least 3-5 min for each page.

Is there a maintenance ingoing? Or is there any troubles with my server?

"Internal Server Error 500 : The cPanel Server operation timed out at cpsrvrd.pl line 531."

Have a very good day.

----

EDIT : also, when I try to rename a database, I also get a :

"(XID dvkdz5) The administrative request failed because of an error (ETIMEDOUT/110) with output: Timeout: Alarm"

There definitely seem to be a timeout issue :x

----

EDIT 2 : Seems to be working back again. I guess timeout shall happen sometimes :)

Thanks for all.

See you soon!

Edited by ctfisep

You picked Johnny which is our experimental server. Experimental servers are for people who just want to experiment with their code and don't care about uptime or speed. If you want a faster more reliable server we recommend moving your account to a production server like Ricky or Tommy.

• Like 1