Programming

I use C/C++ (studying to do games and goodgraphical-stuff :lol: with OpenGL and Allegro), Java, VB, and to do internet-stuff, I`m using PHP, html and a little of ASP...(don`t like it <_< )

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows any good resources for learning OpenGL? I've seen plenty of books around, but am not committed to purchasing any without first getting some idea of what topics they cover. I've also looked at some sites, but haven't found any good comprehensive tutorials.

As for programming languages I use: C#, VisualBasic, C++, ActionScript 2, and I'm starting to learn Java. Right now I find that Actionscript and the flash environment are nice resources for creating internet games. Personally, I find that Flash better facilitates the creation of animations for those, like myself, who don't have that great of animation tools nor skills.

• 1 month later...

pensivesage, def check out the sources debian listed, if your looking for a good book check out the openGL super bible. its huge and covers just about everything.

edit: oh ya, what lang's ive used/use...

c/c++/c#

vb6/vb.net

intel assembly

asp.net/html/xml/sql

lua/python

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows any good resources for learning OpenGL?

http://nehe.gamedev.net/

I also use JavaScript sometimes so people don't copy the source code for my website.

Javascript is processed on the client side so it doesn't really help protect your code.

I use both Java and C++

I find Java much easier to use for creating simple 2D games. I've never run into any performance issues, it seems to run at the same speed no matter how much I put into it.

I use C++ with SDL and OpenGL for 3D games. I'm not too good with optimizing so most of my C++ applications run at about the same speed as Java apps.

IDE:

Java: Eclipse

C++: codeblocks