Frequent "database Connection Error"

maicol07

https://formkeep.com/ or formspree is recommended for forms (I haven't tried it, but it seems quite simple.)

Both of those aren't free if you want certain (somewhat common) functionality or need more than the very basics. I've never seen a form processor that was completely free honestly, short of writing it myself.

A large part of the reason WP is so popular in the first place is because a lot of the functionality of all these integration services that try to upsell you, is available in WP as extensions for free.

It's interesting that your wordpress is using mysql functions which have been deprecated for years. Everyone should be using mysqli by now. Is your wordpress running the latest version?

Yes, now I reinstalled it and I'm re-configuring it. I'll install less plugins and install a better cache plugin instead of WP Super Cache. Also, I'll try to improve security with some antivirus (if needed) or some security plugins...

Edited by maicol07

• 2 weeks later...

The error persists, but less frequently... This is the error:

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1203): User maicol07_wp186 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/maicol07/public_html/books/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1603
Any solution?

I've already raised the max_user_connections on Tommy recently. https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/30219-max-user-connections-raised/ We'll need to analyze the impacts of this raise for quite a bit longer before we make any more changes to it. The purpose of the limit is to make sure one user isn't hogging all of mysql, and causing everyone else to not be able to connect at all.

Normally I would encourage people to close their mysql connections, but I don't expect you to rewrite wordpress's bug filled, vulnerability filled mess. The solution in my opinion is as it always has been to ditch wordpress. Sorry.