• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:25 AM

We're looking for a few people to beta test some new software before we roll it out to everyone. You must be running some variety of windows. Let us know by posting here if you're interested. I'll PM the details to you.

#2 Blazeweb

Blazeweb

Rank II Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Discord xXBuilderBXx#8265

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:45 AM

I would love to test something any more details or is it secret :blink:

#3 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:21 AM

before we roll it out to everyone.

I guess it's secretish for now. If you release something to thousands of people at once you generally get thousands of the same bug report. If you release something to a few people the bugs still get fixed, but thousands are saved the grief of having to deal with the bugs.

Anyways. Check your PMs.

#4 Bailey

Bailey

Rank VIII Member

• Web Developer
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:Coding, duh..

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:03 AM

Ill happily do it Krydos, just to let you know I use the pre-release versions of windows, this may be useful.

I've been on HelioHost for a little while now and have developed some of the web services. I use PHP, JavaScript, CSS, HTML, Python & more to develop my websites and apps over at Bailey.guru.
I maintain the wiki, GitHub and the Discord server along with other projects located on GitHub.

#5 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:36 PM

Ill happily do it Krydos, just to let you know I use the pre-release versions of windows, this may be useful.

Check your PM.

#6 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 8,787 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

I think the client I see from today is Bailey (Its reporting from the UK). His client is failing, likely because he has oversensitive antivirus software installed.

@Bailey: If you installed this program, can you add the folder "C:\ProgramData\RAX Technologies\RGS" to your antivirus white list, or turn off your antivirus?

#7 Bailey

Bailey

Rank VIII Member

• Web Developer
  • 747 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:47 PM

I don’t have antivirus but I’ll have a look what I can do

I've been on HelioHost for a little while now and have developed some of the web services. I use PHP, JavaScript, CSS, HTML, Python & more to develop my websites and apps over at Bailey.guru.
I maintain the wiki, GitHub and the Discord server along with other projects located on GitHub.

#8 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 8,787 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

Hm, might be missing runtimes then. Something on your PC is keeping the assignments from running.

If you manually start it with the Start Now, can you let it run for several minutes, then post the output of the console window? (right click, "Mark" to enable selection of text in a console window, enter key copies to clipboard).

#9 Bailey

Bailey

Rank VIII Member

• Web Developer
  • 747 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

Sorry about the image but thats what is shows as One- Im on my iPad and Two- Due to it being a running program I cant copy the console :/

It will be uploaded to https://dev.bailey.cf/HelioHost within the minute.

Uploaded.

Just white listed C:\ProgramData\RAX Technologies on windows defender but shouldn’t make any difference as it’s only on warn and I had previously allowed it to run.

Edited by Bailey, 18 November 2017 - 10:03 PM.

#10 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:48 PM

That output looks correct to me. I'm not the one who wrote it so I'm just guessing here. Do you have a firewall that might be blocking it from talking to Tommy? Maybe it's running fine, but not uploading its stats properly?

#11 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 8,787 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:28 AM

Hm, looks like a reporting issue of some kind. The main program isn’t picking up the fact that the assignment is still running. It keeps thinking it stopped on your pc (backend shows WORK_STOPPED, which means it thinks XMRIGLauncher exited or never started) then starting a new assignment repeatedly, yet it’s clearly running and I see both components of the assignment (XMRIG and XMRIGLauncher) running in that output.

Looks like the assignment monitor needs debugging :-/

#12 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:43 AM

That's why we're beta testing it first. :)

Thanks for helping Bailey!

#13 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 8,787 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

Well, I was hoping it was a reporting issue on the server side...turns out it's RGS's infamous "Work stop bug". This is a long known assignment incompatibility issue that clients run into all the time (I have tons of people running stock RGS, some of them they see it too).

The bug is actually in the assignment, not RGSBroker. Easiest solution is to give them a different assignment.

I reassigned Bailey to a Stak-based assignment and it's normal now, but it's producing something that his PC is too slow to make in meaningful quantity). I'll build an ETN package for Stak and let him try that.

Something these assignments do conflicts with some PCs. I've seen the issue with people running Stak assignments as well, and changing those to xm fixes them. This is the whole reason I have 2 different apps for it to begin with. Unfortunately, I have no way of fixing the assignments since I don't write the actual programs in them...I just repack the programs and distribute them.

I did make a few minor tweaks to the code, but they're not going to affect this issue. They'll go out in a future update, but they're unrelated to this (logging and a priority control flag change).

@Bailey: Be aware that your statistics page in the settings will show (none) or 0 for all values since I gave you an older assignment that does not support statistics.

EDIT: I've made a quick build of a Stak-based assignment for ETN and assigned it to Bailey. The next time it auto-starts it will try it. If he's running a manually started session, he'll need to close it and start it again.

Edited by wolstech, 19 November 2017 - 05:21 AM.
Assignments...

#14 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:23 AM

Also, we could use a few more people who are curious about what all is going on here to volunteer to test some software we're working on. Must be running windows os.

#15 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 8,787 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

Just checked the backend. Hes producing ETN now according to that, so were good. Issue was an incompatible assignment...

Were gonna have to watch the backend for people showing the bug and change their assignments manually. They show as a client with WORK_STOPPED and a last seen time in the past minute or two. The last seen time will keep updating every few minutes as it repeatedly attempts the assignment. Just reassign them to something using the other program, and be sure to replace existing assignments.

Im considering adding a counter to the assignments so they fail out and discard themselves if they keep stopping in short periods of time. Theres an issue with doing that in Stak assignments though (same reason those dont do stats...no launcher, I may have to add one, as much as I wish to avoid that...)

EDIT: Off topic, but does anyone know why this forum deletes my apostrophes and quote marks when I post from an iPad?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users