rux

Ok the domain phcrackers.net has been removed from the dns cluster.

All he needed to do was create the subdomain phcrackers.phcrackers.heliohost.org

I created the subdomain phcrackers.phcrackers.heliohost.org, deleted the addon domain phcrackers.net, and recreated the addon domain phcrackers.net to recreate the dns data that Byron deleted. Now that phcrackers.net is showing up on the addon domain page it should start working within 12 hours.

• Like 1

When I checked subdomains at the WHM this morning on his account, nothing was showing for the username rux. I thought when somebody created an Addon Domain it automatically created the subdomain?

Edited by Byron
  • Like 1

The subdomain step is why addon domains typically fail on johnny. The addon domain itself succeeds, but the subdomain part times out. If the user creates the missing subdomain manually, it fixes the addon domain.

The server is kind of silly in that regard, because it actually creates the addon domain and parks it to a nonexistent subdomain, then creates the subdomain second (and fails during this step).

• Like 1

@byron, since you have root access you can verify the subdomain that needs to be created by viewing

/var/cpanel/userdata/<username>/main
It should look something like

---
addon_domains:
  phcrackers.net: phcrackers.phcrackers.heliohost.org
main_domain: phcrackers.heliohost.org
parked_domains: []
sub_domains:
  - phcrackers.phcrackers.heliohost.org
If that last line is missing it needs to be created by the user according to the subdomain listed under the addon domain section. Once the subdomain is created the addon domain should show up for the user on the addon domain page. Once the addon domain shows up in cpanel it will take up to 12 hours to start working. This failure to create a subdomain doesn't always happen. Just when the load is high.
  • Like 1

Thank you very much, sir :)

Can I ask if server Johnny would have the services other servers already had, in the future? If I plan to move to another server, should I delete this account first before recreating one?

Edited by rux

@byron, since you have root access you can verify the subdomain that needs to be created by viewing

/var/cpanel/userdata/<username>/main
It should look something like

---
addon_domains:
  phcrackers.net: phcrackers.phcrackers.heliohost.org
main_domain: phcrackers.heliohost.org
parked_domains: []
sub_domains:
  - phcrackers.phcrackers.heliohost.org
If that last line is missing it needs to be created by the user according to the subdomain listed under the addon domain section. Once the subdomain is created the addon domain should show up for the user on the addon domain page. Once the addon domain shows up in cpanel it will take up to 12 hours to start working. This failure to create a subdomain doesn't always happen. Just when the load is high.

Thanks Krydos!

• Like 1

Can I ask if server Johnny would have the services other servers already had, in the future?

Johnny is our only server that support Ruby on Rails, but plans are in the works to get Ruby on Rails available on Tommy and/or Ricky. Johnny does not support Flask or Django, and there are no plans to install them.

If I plan to move to another server, should I delete this account first before recreating one?

If you plan on moving your account yourself then yes you must backup, delete, and recreate. If you want an admin to move your account for you just backup.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help, I managed to recreate my account on Tommy before the registration closed :D

If I add my domain again as an addon domain can I access it directly as "mydomain.com" or do I have to input "mydomain.heliohost.org" or "heliohost.org/mydomain"? Thanks! :)