How old are you?

Catara

How old are you?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From the answers to some of the questions in the Entertainment forums, I'm starting to feel rather old (33). I'm not passing judgement on anybody, just curious. I'm also not asking for you to post your age, though you are free to do so, just answer the poll, please.

You are probably the other one in this forum, since most teens who want to try to make their own site, don't have credit cards to buy hosting, so free hosting is a huge attraction for the younger crowd. If you go to any web development forums/ payed hosting sites, the majority of the people would be closer to your age.

Joe

Yeah, it shouldn't be too surprising that the demographic of the forums includes a significant amount of teens considering the services this site offers. This account is shared between multiple people, and all of us are in our teens, and high school juniors.

• 2 weeks later...

It's odd for me to be involved in an online community with a majority of members in my age group. Typically, when I try to get involved with a programming or design group, my age is looked down upon. I am forced to rely on free hosting, since my hosting fees aren't high on my parents' priority list. As if they actually have a list...Still, I want to actually do something with my coding and programming knowledge, so here I am. By the way, I hope none of you think less of me for it, but I am 14 and a freshman in High School.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm 15 and considered "l33t" by my more-geeky circle of friends. awsomejoe is right though, my parents would never pay for hosting (come to that, neither would I, when there are sites like this around). I mainly need a server for testing and a bit of hosting and I would run it from my computer at home but I have a dodgy wireless card that cuts out every ~2-3 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that I was searching around. I currently have some other off site hosting but looking this site over the quality seems much better. By that I mean like more professional and more reliable. I was paying like $2.95/ month for very unreliable service. Compared to this I bet it will be a lot better. It looks very promising for the most part. It seems like a good community and also seems like the people here are very friendly. Also nice to see that some of the nonsense isn't allowed on here.

I know that I was searching around. I currently have some other off site hosting but looking this site over the quality seems much better. By that I mean like more professional and more reliable. I was paying like $2.95/ month for very unreliable service. Compared to this I bet it will be a lot better. It looks very promising for the most part. It seems like a good community and also seems like the people here are very friendly. Also nice to see that some of the nonsense is allowed on here which is surprising because of the average age of users on the polls.

I believe I'm one of the youngest around here?

Since more kids are starting to use the 'net. It's inevitable that they'll need free hosting. I mean what are we gonna do? Go get jobs? HA! Well actually I have a job... but then again I don't want to pay for a site because I doubt I'll put up anything permanent.

Eh some websites are better left to just stick to it for while its registered and when its not just drop it. I know I have a website just for an intellectual challenge. But yea getting a free domain might work out well for posting on a forum for it. As for why- it is easy to post on a forum to get it. Although I will ad with minimum wage a good two or three hours could get some cheap hosting plans with a domain for about half a year or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo tengo 13 anos

Translation: I have 13 years

Translation: I am 13 Years Old

*note I'm not spanish...I'm Korean

anyways I'm turning 14 on March 4, 2008 :D

And Wizard, you're not the youngest here...If you WERE, then I am now :D