Favorite Bands

Gangsta

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've skimmed through the nine pages of this topic, and for whatever reason, no body seems to have mentioned 3 doors down. I really like their new CD. I've got Foxboro hot tubs on the way in the mail too, I'm psyched.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an avid fan of the Beatles, Queen and The Rolling Stones.

But other than them, I enjoy My Chemical Romance, System of a Down and Green Day.

I like anything that's not mainstream or from America (Current pop/rock/alt scene) since frankly no offense meant but of the late, I haven't heard talent come out of the woodwork. I pity the fact that 'artists' these days have no sense of classical training.

Enough of my lack of respect for American 'artists' (There's a few exceptions to the rule)

Muse

Radiohead

Imogen Heap

Yoshida Brothers

Jem

E Nomine

Giovanni Mirabassi

Gregorian

X-Ray Dog

Immediate Music

E.S. Posthumus

Dido

Ashley MacIssac

Richard Cheese *You can't go wrong with him*

SR-71 *Kicked off the alt. scene*

Megaherz

Yoshinori Mitsuda *Composer*

Lazyboy

Clint Mansell *Composer*

hey. my all time favorite band has always been simple plan. since i was seven they have been my favorite everrr (:

i know half of the people in this world hate the jonas brothers and another half like them... i dont think they are bad but i am not obsessive either. um... i like alllll music. not kidding.

everything from country to rock to hip hop to country. no classical. sry.

As an "elderly" man, I like the oldies from the late sixties, begin seventies. Led Zeppelin, Yes, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Frank Zappa & the Mothers, Genesis (I saw Peter Gabriel perform in 1975 on Genesis' last "The Lamb lies down on Broadway tour". Pretty awsome!!). But that doesn't mean I'm a fossil. I'm also open to nowadays performers, and I can appreciate the music of a band like the Babyshambles. By the way, these guys seem to be inspired quite a lot by some groups from the sixties, like the Kinks. This is remarkable, because as a rockband in the seventies, you couldn't think of being inspired by music from 40 years ago!! Music in those days seemed to evolve rather quickly, from the rockabilly of Bo Diddley of 1960 into the premisses of Hard Rock of Jimi Hendrix in 1967. Those were the days!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love to listen to music. I guess the types I listen to are Emo/Punk/Alternate Rock, a very little amount of Pop.

lol Here comes a list of my favorite bands:

Taking Back Sunday <-- Favorite

Coldplay <-- Like them because their great sounding songs have real meaning in their lyrics such as Violet Hill

Death Cab For Cutie

Fall Out Boy

MatchBox Twenty

Blink-182

My Chemical Romance (MCR)

Green Day

The Color Fred <-- A former guitarist from Taking Back Sunday (#1)

Arctic Monkeys

Angels & Airwaves

Linkin Park

Muse

Panic! At the Disco

Papa Roach

Paramore

Saosin

Sum 41

Some UK Bands (only two)

Kooks

Wombats

^^ I'm sure theres more

Off Topic: I HATE the Jonas Brothers. Almost 88% of the students in my school obsess over them. I mostly hate them because the bassist, drummer, and lead guitarist all are in the shadows, rarely a spotlight is given to them. I also wonder why some of the songs I know how to play by myself, even though there are four guitarists in their band...