#1 HelioHost

HelioHost

Announcements

• Moderators
  • 4,133 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:44 AM

Username: sfavron, Server: Tommy, Main domain: sylvain.heliohost.org

Hi there

Because i have Windows XP SP3 i cant have as said in a previous message about BitCoin Heliohost Software. Do you know that around the world there is still 12 percent that have Windows XP? So on the billions of peoples on the world, they cant have BitCoin Heliohost Software.

Still i want to encourage peoples to donate you. It also my way to give my thank's to all of you, for all you have done and what you do for me. Like when i first started the hosting space on Stevie with the cpanel options, now i am on Tommy that have more hosting space and more cpanel options. It is great the option "VirusScan" for the safety of the server and files, the stats, the webmail and much much more options. I always care for the goodness of heliohost and the peoples related to it. That's why on each principal pages it is writen "Thank's to Heliohost".

I wonder if there is some html codes that i can "embed" to promote, encourage funds and donations to you; that also indicate that it is referred by my self. So it indicate to your self my participation?

I like very much all of your self!

Maybe it is not important for your self that i give my deepest and sincere thank's; but for me it is very important!

Sign:
Sylvain Favron
user:
sfavron
server:
Tommy

http://sylvain.heliohost.org

Edited by Krydos, 14 January 2018 - 06:21 AM.
found missing text

This is an unmonitored account for announcements only.
Wiki | Facebook | Twitter
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:54 AM

Your email's message seems to have gotten lost. Please post your issue on the forums for assistance.

#3 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 16,396 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:26 AM

I for one had no idea that so many people were still using windows xp. That's crazy to think that so many people are still using software that has been completely discontinued for almost four years now. Unfortunately we have no plans to port our code to windows xp, but we have been developing a Linux version. If you install Ubuntu (or something like that) and you have a 64 bit processor you can try that out.

If you want to promote HelioHost on your site you might be interested in taking a look at this https://www.helionet...r-on-your-site/ We have quite a few sizes and shapes of banners available already, but if there is something you want make a request and we'll see if it can be done.

#4 Bailey

Bailey

Rank VIII Member

• Web Developer
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Coding, duh..

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

There is also a badge: https://www.helionet...ge/#entry140386
I've been on HelioHost for a little while now and have developed some of the web services. I use PHP, JavaScript, CSS, HTML, Python, Django & more to develop my websites and apps over at Bailey.guru.
Check out the new server monitor!
I maintain the monitor, wiki, GitHub and the Discord server along with other projects located on GitHub.

#5 sylvain

sylvain

Rank I Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Like creating personnal websites for my friends, and other creations. Like create simple games with simple free soft that don't need programmation and are ease of use. Also on my personnal website i have a free tool for webmasters to help them choose hexadecimal colors compositions for the web. And all sort of stuff's on my personnal website.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

The banner on:

https://www.helionet...r-on-your-site/

are nice.

Yes it is hard to believe that there are still at leass 12 percent of peoples "in the world" that use Windows XP. Me i still use Windows XP and have some old computers, that when put to brand new the official drivers (graphic card / sound card / etc) are drivers for Windows XP and that the company dont make drivers for other operating system. This because the hardware, memory chips are too old; but still good.

Some system are very old, there are shop's in the city's of my province that still sell old computers. Why? To recycle and encourage recycling, to make money and to give tax's to the governements. Even there is some public services that still have and use Windows XP. Some old water company's that bring water to houses is an example, this beside the public transportation like (bus / underground metro).

Here is an news press article (in french) dated 2 years old, that indicate that the service public transportation (bus and underground metro-train) still use Windows XP.

http://www.lapresse....us-a-la-stm.php

There circuits, hardwares, memory chips and others depend of Windows XP operating system. If they would have latest operating system, then they should start "Brand New", there circuits, there computers and others. Wich could cost millions of dollars. So they stick with Windows XP.

Brief it proove that there are still peoples that use Windows XP even essential public services to the peoples that use this operating system. Because it cost less, there are technicians and programmers that create softwares for company's onto this operating system, even as i write this message.

Thank's for your time and help.

Maybe one day on my personnal website i'll try to know how to put some free legal streaming tv stations? Now i have put fiew radio stations lately, in my new section "Extra / Radio"

Once again thank's for all!

Sylvain

http://sylvain.heliohost.org

A+

#6 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

I work in IT...yes we have XP boxes floating around running exotic machines, doing things that are semi-important, etc. I also know the local railroad still uses XP for a ton of stuff...they had to shut down much of the system when one of those security issues popped up this past year until they could patch them all. I so happened to be traveling on the train that week and they were announcing schedules over the PA and posting paper schedules everywhere because only a small part of their system had upgraded to 7. So yes, XP is still more-widely used than most realize.

Everything in HelioMine itself (except the idle mining functionality) will actually run on XP. The issue with XP support is that nobody makes miners for XP. I think XMRIG will run, but it gets like 20H/s, which won't even cover the costs of the electricity for the computer.

You need a 64-bit OS, modern processor, and 4GB of RAM to produce anything meaningful.

#7 sylvain

sylvain

Rank I Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Like creating personnal websites for my friends, and other creations. Like create simple games with simple free soft that don't need programmation and are ease of use. Also on my personnal website i have a free tool for webmasters to help them choose hexadecimal colors compositions for the web. And all sort of stuff's on my personnal website.

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

Just letting you know that i have put a little heliohost banner from: https://www.helionet...r-on-your-site/ on my principal pages. I hope it will help you with the Lily server. It is my way to give my thanks to all of you.

A+

#8 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 16,396 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

Thanks! We're over 82% of the way there. Just need a few more people to donate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users