Who got the begining of the world right?

So, which one?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Helionet members don't seem to pay a lot attention to this topic, as it's been open from 18 January and there still is no reply 5 months later. I thought the issue of Earth's origin would have been subject to passionate discussion or confrontation of different points of view! As far as I'm concerned, I'm a strong supporter of the science theory. But I do respect other visions, like the belief in the creation of Earth by a God.

Regards

zippo

Well, zippo, note at this http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?sh...ic=3237&hl=

We already have a similar post, created on February. Well, I have no idea why all people post at there.

And we've already discussed a lot over there.

And for here, I believe in Science totally. Religion is just something to hold on mentally, strictly speaking, it doesn't really exists. It exists when you believe it and it will guide you to the right path

*Please forgive me if I crossed the line, I'm an atheist.

• 4 weeks later...

The central question of this item is "Who got the beginning of the world right". Is there anyone who wants to discuss that? As an professional archaeologist I'm convinced of the scientific view, that is a beginning with a "Big Bang" followed by a very slow evolution, leading to the forming of planet Earth and life (animals and plants).

Does it really matter who got it right? When it comes down to it we all have our views and discussing something like this just seems a little pointless. Yet here I am talking about it. Perhaps the real answer is not even on the table. Maybe we are all part of some elaborate 8th grade science project in an even bigger universe. I personally think there are bigger problems to solve than this. World hunger, poverty, war, failing economies... I'm not sure what the answer is to any of those. The world has been struggling with these problems since the dawn of man. It would be awesome if we could just figure out the secret recipe that would make everyone happy.

I totally agree with you meriadoc, specially when you say that there are more urgent problems to solve.

World hunger, poverty, war, failing economies...

But that doesn't need to prevent us from having ideas about the origin of this planet. I think that's one of the main things of being a human. Human beings are able to think about their origin, as well as their destiny. And they are also able to have some influence on their future. Let's hope that humans and their societies make the best of it in the near future.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We live for ourselves, not for the God.

For instance, Islam is my country has set some ridiculous law, note, it's legal law!

1. Avoid eating pork.

2. Pray 5 times everyday, earliest is at 0500++

3. Compulsory to rush to mosque for praying at Friday 1300.

4. Compulsory to fast in their fasting month.

Anyone who violates the rules above, will be prosecuted under legal law.

What's in my mind was... this rules only makes our life inconvenient.

We live only once in this world, why follow such many, unreasonable rules?

p/s: No offense on above topics.

• 3 weeks later...