[Solved] I have uploaded my servlet war file, could you please activate it ?

nm67

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank.

There seems to be a file write permission issue, right now it can't save at : http://nm67.heliohost.org/GATE_Web/GATE_Servlet?User_Id=admin&Menu=Create_User_Id_And_Pin&Action=Check_Availability

User_Id [admin] doesn't exist.

Passcode_File = /home/tomcat/Dir_GATE_Passcode/Dir_Passcode/

Maybe the log file can offer you some insight.

Could you please fix the file permission ?

Frank

Thanks for the update.

I've changed the dir, but still not working, got the following message :

User_Id [admin] doesn't exist.

Passcode_File = /home/nm67/Dir_GATE_Passcode/Dir_Passcode/

At this page, I tried to save info : http://nm67.heliohost.org/GATE_Web/GATE_Servlet?User_Id=admin&Menu=Create_User_Id_And_Pin&Action=Check_Availability

But it couldn't do it. It was trying to create a dir : /home/nm67/Dir_GATE_Passcode/Dir_Passcode/

Then write to a file in it.

Could there be a file write permission issue ?

Frank

Yes, you need your files to be 666 at least to allow the tomcat user to write to the file. Your application doesn't run as your user and tomcat isn't in your group either so you need to grant read/write to the permissions of other.

Alright, it's finally working, thanks for your help !

I patented this GATE system more than a year ago, it won "Cybersecurity Innovation Award" at 2017 International Cyber Security and Intelligence Conference on November 7th – 8th 2017 in Toronto, Canada.

Now I've set it up here as a proof of concept. It is an alternative authentication method to replace traditional password system for better security. It can defeat peeking, wiretapping, keylogging, phishing and dictionary attack.

I appreciate Helio to let my host the GATE system without a charge, if you are interested, you can use it on your site as an experimental feature for higher level of user authentication.

Frank

• 4 weeks later...