Absolute Paths

sagnik

What happens everytime I upload my website to Tommy server is I've to change the included scripts path in PHP which I've to find.

Use relative paths and this won't happen. If you have a file in public_html and want to include something in a folder called include, instead of saying:

include('/home/username/public_html/include/myinclude.php');

Use:

include('include/myinclude.php');

Actually, I've a file called "header.php" in "E:/home/wn/public_html/mobile/global" directory which I has to include in every pages/scripts. So when I upload my website, I has to change the path to "/home/sgn/public_html/wn/mobile/global/header.php". That's what I don't like.

Where is the actual site files that will include the header.php be going, in the mobile folder?

If you use the same directory structure on the local test server, and relative paths throughout, you won't have to edit much of anything except database info. I have a massive amount of interconnected code and applications on my account, and there are very few places where absolute paths were required.