[Solved] Add-On Domain Queued for a MONTH - please help!

jcook

On February 12th I added an add-on Domain through my jcook.heliohost.org account on Johnny. The add-on Domain is emailsa.ga and is hosted through Freenom. I added HelioHost's nameservers in freenom and have been patient but now it's been almost a month.

When I go to emailsa.ga I get the "account queued" page still. I've tried clearing out my browser to be sure that's not the issue. When I go to add-on domains in cPanel it says none have been configured despite it appearing EVERYWHERE else (Site Publisher which isn't working, error pages, DNS). If I try to add it to add-on domains again I am also given errors saying it's already present in Apache configuration and DNS records already exist.

Can someone let me know if I'm missing something or what I need to do in order to get domain up using HelioHost?

Here are some screenshots I put on Google Drive that may help:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1b7T6yq1gM9pIt2UrBiBAleR6D2nxyVB4

Addon domains have a tendency to break on Johnny due to the high load. If you want things like this to work without bugs we recommend Ricky or Tommy.

Try creating the subdomain emailsa.jcook.heliohost.org. You'll know whether it worked or not if emailsa.ga shows up on the addon domain page. If it shows up then that means it's going to start working within 12 hours. If it doesn't show up let us know and we can take a closer look.

• 1 month later...

I tried adding emailsa.jcook.heliohost.org as a subdomain but emailsa.ga is not appearing in the add-on domain list. I tried to add it again in add-on domains with emailsa.jcook.heliohost.org as the subdomain but it still says there's already a DNS entry. Is there any way to clear everything put and try again?

Johnny is infamous for this crap. Since you already tried the subdomain (the usual fix), check to see if a DNS entry exists for that domain in the zone editor. If so, remove it and try again. This issue is the one reason I recommend people try and get a Ricky and Tommy account. Both of them work like they should and don't have these issues.

I'll move this so Krydos can take a look as well. I was going to see if I could just re-park it on top of the subdomain for you, but Johnny's load is too high for WHM to even load  :wacko:

Thank you thank you thaaaaank you Krydos & wolstech! Adding emailsaga.jcook.heliohost.org as a subdomain made emailsa.ga show up in my add-on domain list with a subdomain of emailsaga. I'm not out of the woods yet but I'm hopeful. I was getting the "account queued" page at emailsa.ga before so there's no other indicator I'm aware of. I'll just have to be patient and give it 24 hours. I'll let you guys know if that worked.

So if I want to add another add-on domain, should I add the full address as a sub-domain first and that should do the trick? Like if I were adding google.com I would add googlecom as subdomain first?

It won't let you even attempt the addon domain if the subdomain exists, so you need to do the addon domain first and fix it if it fails. Easiest way to do it is to watch Johnny's load and do it when it's low (below ~12 or so) so it has a decent chance to work properly...

The addon process is supposed to both parts for you (an addon domain is internally just an Alias parked to a subdomain, oddly the server parks the alias on the non-existing subdomain first, then actually creates the subdomain second...). The issue is that the subdomain part times out half the time due to load.

You'd think it'd do the sub first and only finish the alias half if the subdomain actually succeeded...