[Solved] Tommy is useless for Production.

patents

I've my own local server setup which is running Apache HTTPD 2.4 with PHP 7.1, MySQL 5.6, Python 3.6, Django 2.0.3 (configured with mod_wsgi) and with configured modules mod_ssl, mod_wsgi running on Windows 10.

And another one running IIS with ASP & PHP on Windows Server 2016.

I am not server guy. I am talking about Django. Have you used Django with database for production site. I bet you haven't otherwise you will never say that console is not basic requirement of django.

I've my own local server setup which is running Apache HTTPD 2.4 with PHP 7.1, MySQL 5.6, Python 3.6, Django 2.0.3 (configured with mod_wsgi) and with configured modules mod_ssl, mod_wsgi running on Windows 10.

And another one running IIS with ASP & PHP on Windows Server 2016.

Nobody uses django on windows for for real. Best is linux + nginx + gunicorn which is incompatible with windows. I don't know about php.

Edited by patents

PHP is definitely used on Windows and so is Python, but yeah, Django...not so much. Django's a linux thing from what I've found. Also, contrary to what some say, a lot of Django servers do use Apache.

Nginx is a small minority of the market over all, especially when compared to Apache or IIS in terms of number of servers deployed: https://news.netcraft.com/archives/2017/12/26/december-2017-web-server-survey.html

Thank you @wolstech for information. We can see the surge in use of nginx from 1% to 20 % in 7  years while apache lost 20% in 7 year. Its matter of time nginx will surpass apache. No more debate on that. I totally agree that apache is awesome and heliohost is more awesome. But how django is deployed on it is little clumsy. I think admin should read this article if not have: http://engineering.hackerearth.com/2013/11/21/scaling-python-django-application-apache-mod_wsgi/

I may be wrong as I just have stats and no experience in server management. I have 3.5 Ghz, intel, core i7, 8 core PC. Can I use it as server?

Server grade internet is costly thought in Gujarat, India.

Edited by patents

Just to clear some things up, you said the uptime is inflated, they have been monitoring it for ages meaning mean average is higher than you monitoring it for a day/week etc.

You don't need a console on the server for Django, even if you had a VPS you would use an offline console to build the application. (It's much quicker)

And Heliohost is free, run by donations so 99% uptime with the great support and amazing features is like a gold mine. Hosting that you pay for doesn't even have this...