[Solved] Mail Function Problem

dressdoc

i am using php mail() function for sending email. What i am doing, when someone submit form to my website, i am generating an email using php mail function. I am receiving mail form email specified mail() function header. But from this week when i receive email it come from tommy.heliohost.org. 

The emails always come from tommy.heliohost.org. Many mail providers will honor the "From" headers you set, but some of them no longer do to help stop abuse. I'd check your code and/or the help for the mail provider you're sending mail to.

I just sent myself a test email from Tommy and it arrived to a Gmail mailbox just fine. It showed as being from my custom headers (noreply@raxsoft.com), not from Tommy.

Thanks for your reply wolstech. I will explain the problem to you. I have a form on my website and when user inputs and hit the submit button, at the back end side it generated two emails, one for me and another one for the user who submits the form. Till last week its working as expected as i am using customer header email for sending emails and even mails are recognized by top email providers like gmail, hotmail and yahoo. But from last week all the emails are coming from dressdoc@tommy.heliohost.org rather than my custom header email and all my email of the users are going to their spam folders. My users reported this issue with me and i checked the script and no error is there. I tested it on google and hotmail and unfortunately all emails are going to spam folder which is not the case one week before. Although i understand what you are saying but if tell me any alternate to this i will be very thankful to you as its a trouble for my users.

That's odd...the server is indeed setting the "FROM" and REPLY-TO based on the domain you use to access the page that sent the mail, not the headers you specify...

Try sending yourself something using http://si3.raxsoft.com/mailtest.php and it will arrive from si3.raxsoft.com despite my headers being set to raxsoft.com. The same script accessed here sends email that arrives from rax2.heliohost.org: http://rax2.heliohost.org/si3/mailtest.php (same exact script as above, it ignores my FROM and REPLY-TO headers that are set to raxsoft.com/ ). Please ignore the PHP warning when you submit the test script, it's because I didn't configure the classloader right, it's unimportant for our testing.

Escalating.

i tried and its working fine on your website. Okay i will tell you with some screenshots but there is no option for attaching images. With images i can show you what are my inputs and what i am getting output one week before and now.

It actually doesn't work right for me...I'm getting emails with the wrong FROM and REPLY-TO set in them. They arrive from whichever domain I access the script from, not the domain that I have coded in the file. Gmail account being used, and the ones from rax2.heliohost.org go to Spam as well...

You can upload the pictures to imgur.com and post the links.

You can see the results https://imgur.com/a/bVewS

I highlighted the cause. Script is same but the output is different and one more thing i can understand that gmail for privacy can show the original sender but i am confused the mail i am sending to same server also shows dressdoc@tommy.heliohost.org

Edited by dressdoc2

Microsoft is a known issue. They blocked our IP, hence why Outlook/Hotmail always spams our mail. There's another user on here who's been talking about it, and unfortunately MS's delisting page for the blacklist doesn't work, so there's no way to get that one unblocked. They did recently start allowing it through again (it used to just come back undelivered), but now it goes to spam.

As for Google, they just have a good filter. It depends on the email. If you send too many of the same/very similar email to the same address, they will start going to spam on their own. My test emails the other day did this after the 4th or 5th one. I just "Not spam" one of them and they haven't done it since.

As for major block lists, we're not blocked, so it's the providers not liking your content or directly blocking us: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3atommy.heliohost.org&run=toolpage#

Krydos has been busy with non-HelioHost stuff lately, so I apologize for the delay on getting the FROM/ REPLY-TO issue fixed. All of us are volunteers, and none of us get paid for what we do here. As such we do have a real life and a job to tend to at times...