[Solved] Mail Function Problem

dressdoc

I really appreciate heliohost for providing such a great support. You guzs are awesome and solved all my problem i ever posted.

But this time yes, i am really frustated. I tried phpmailer and also third party mail service providers.None of them work for me. Is the fault is from server side or the mail service providers like gmail.

Apart from this, i have mail accounts on heliohost and i am using those accounts throug mobile using outlook and gmail.

I am facing delays in syncing email. Can i backup mail data?? Please help me to solve this syncing problem.

yes @krydos, the problem is still there. Yesterday i waited for approx 8 hours for someone to reply. All mails i am sending using mail() function are going to spam  :( . I tried every possible method but nothing works.

I did some experiments and out of which some works or some not.

First of all using phpmailer using smtp gmail recognise my email sometimes but sometimes its going to spam and outlook is blocking those emails.

Secondly i tried using webmail provided by heliohost. I logged into webmail and try to send the email and gmail recognizes my email but outlook is still blocking.

So i researched this problem over the internet and i got to know there is a link where blocked hosting providers have to fill the form for getting unblocked from the microsoft.

But mail() function still not works, don't know why because mails are going from same server.

Apart from this problem i am also facing mail sync problem on my mobile device. I am using IMAP for connecting to my email accounts on heliohost using google and outlook app but i am not getting any notification about email received. I have to manually login to webmail and check my emails.

Please tell me is its a server / coding / account setting fault because everything works fine till first week of march.

I personally have no idea. The only person who might know what's wrong with this is Krydos, and he's been extremely busy outside of HelioHost lately (we're volunteers who are not paid for our work on HelioHost, so we have a real job and life to tend to...we do this in our free time). If you need support that's available at the drop of a hat, you'll need to find paid hosting. General customer support here is pretty quick, but anything requiring significant troubleshooting can have a several week wait to be fixed at times.

To be completely honest, the email service is one of the few things we offer that's basically junk. Even I've stopped using it for most things. The only thing I use it for is the alerts for the HelioMine backend. Most free hosts don't even offer email at all or limit to something like 1 mail/hour due to abuse. We try to offer it, but at times fail miserably due to abuse and server overcrowding :(

I'll move this so Krydos hopefully sees it, but I have no estimate as to when (or if) this will be fixed.

wolstech can you do a favour for me, can you reset my whole account for me. I want to setup it from fresh and  might it will resolve syncing problem. I will try some other method and i am really thankful to you guys always and i appreciate your work. Sorry, i got frustated because sync is also not working.

There's no way to "reset" an account. The only way to get a new one is to delete it and start over. Would you like me to delete it and send you an invite to sign up again? 

Also, what sync feature are you referring to?

I created email account in cpanel, i added this email account in gmail android app using IMAP. Like my sync is always on for receiving emails, but as i said its working fine till march first week but nowadays i didn't receive mails. I have to personally refresh the account to see the mails. Yes you can delete the account. I already backed up all the stuff.

Ok, I'm pretty sure the reason it worked before, and stopped working is because I changed some settings on Tommy to make it easier to catch spammers. I'm undoing those changes one by one until it works the way it did before. Creating a new account likely won't solve anything unless you switch servers. Anyways,

Does it work now?